Fermzilla Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Malty Matt

Reaction score
I have the all rounder. I like it quite a bit for a few reasons - very easy closed transfers, floating dip tube for clean beer into keg and i pressurize about half my ferments (majority of time I use pressure is very end of fermentation to get a jump on carbonation). I find it does a good job of temperature with the thermowell but the thermowell is a bit of a pain to keep secured and leak free. I have stripped at least one Duotight fitting due to difficulty to install the nut.

I do find it a bit of a pain to get sealed and apart. A strap wrench is a must to me. Getting the lid off can be tricky and I have never tried to pry it off for fear of damaging the plastic.

I don’t know about longevity. Currently at about 6 months regular use with the plastic pressure kit and no issues so far.
Overall it is my go to fermenter. Would be nice to have a better closed/dry hopping method and ability to dump trub (I have the all rounder) but for the price I think it’s a great value.
I second the strap wrench. Didn't have one at first but learned quickly after coming across the suggestion. Another suggestion I haven't added yet was putting a stainless nut on the floating dip tube. I need one for the All Rounder and kegs.

Have you tried the magnet trick for dry hopping? I've used it twice now with a lot of success. Two food safe magnets, muslin bag, and release when ready.
PXL_20220115_194358382.jpg

Last edited:

earachemyeye69

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Um..... that’s not going to work. Any recommendations on temp twister height in a 27l with a float tube?

Attachments

• 879BAC4E-E52B-4142-8535-DC12FC8E3E64.jpeg
    879BAC4E-E52B-4142-8535-DC12FC8E3E64.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Malty Matt

Reaction score
Um..... that’s not going to work. Any recommendations on temp twister height in a 27l with a float tube?
Are you talking about the excess tubing sticking out of the top? If so, a $3 multi-purpose pipe cutter from Lowes or HD.

If you are worried about the floating dip tube getting tangled then I think that's a common design flaw many have with the Fermzilla.

Last edited:

earachemyeye69

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, float tube getting tangled. Just curious if there’s an ideal height of the twister. Seems that pushing it down so the float doesn’t get stuck under the coils might work.

Smudgey

Reaction score
Pushing the temp twister down will sacrifice a few handles of beer - its quite nice when the dip tube draws right down near the butterfly valve...

hottpeper13

Reaction score
The ring attached to the float ball broke on mine and I'm just going to let it set down by the valve on my next ferment.