Fermenting in the honey buckets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about doing that with my bucket - just dumping some water in with the last 1/4 of the honey and letting it do it's thing.

yeah, exactly, would need to drill a hole and bung it.... not sure where to get that bung, I bet the home brew shop might have it.

I'll make sure I keep some of my last semi-dry batch then, as my last few batches turned out too dry and 15+% ABV.

No more than 12 lbs honey per mead from now on :(

jsut back sweeten dog!

hmm, you know, we all kinda make meade now..... we really should do a competition. I say early November so everyone has a chance to get something together!

I have two fermenters I have made myself out of food grade buckets. I just drill a 1 inch hole in the lid and use a #6 bung, you could even save a little and use a smaller bung and hole. Today I'm turning a gallon of generic concord wine into a fermenter doing the same thing. I even made a mead in the 1 quart plastic container my honey came in, it had some left in the bottom so I added some corn sugar to it and funny enough it tastes like most commercial mead I have had. I can't believe it came out so nice with so little honey and an equal amount of corn sugar.

Back