Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhandransmith

Reaction score
Hey guys my last 2 brews have not bubbled through the airlock, I have bought new seals and bought new gromits aswell. Can anyone help me with other ideas?? There's plenty of condensation on the top of the lid and my other beer still tasted really nice but I would like to know why.. Hope to hear back from you guys soon. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

what you mean not bubbling through the airlock? No airlock activity? As long as you are reaching your final gravity, I wouldn't worry about it. I had 2 batches I did with the same yeast and had a similar starting gravity. the first one nearly blew the lid off the bucket and the second one only bubbled a little for a few days. Both have seemed to turn out normal. Just waiting on the second batch to carbonate in the bottle.

Yeah no airlock activity, that's alright then because I was getting worried for a second there, thanks for getting back to me! Talk again soon cheers..

The airlock is only a way to vent excess gas while keeping things like fruit flies out of your beer. If it doesn't bubble but you made beer without fruit flies, a small leak around the lid or stopper let the excess gas escape so it served the same purpose.

Cheers for that mate I appreciate it. It's good to here everyone's opinions on different questions that I ask so thanks again and I will keep that in mind!!

I think like 1 in 3 lids I have will actually seal on a bucket. As long as you get the gravity drop, fermentation happened.

I will have to check it in the morning because I didn't have time to do a second gravity test as I had to start my nightshift. My brew before this one did the same and everything was ok so fingers crossed!

Back