fermenter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerswife

Reaction score
I have officially ran out of home brew things to buy my husband. (Other than equipment to start our own brewery) So now I'm upgrading things he already has. He has a mini refrigerator he ferments in. I want to have a wine refrigerator with a glass door done up for him. Mainly so he can see inside of it without opening up the door. (Since he wants to look at it every time he walks by).
My question is would the glass need to be tinted so the sunlight doesn't get in, Since its outside?

Does he use glass/plastic carboys or buckets? If he's using buckets than the sunlight will be an issue, if buckets....not so much.

My solution to keeping an eye on my fermenting beer while keeping the door of the fermentation fridge closed was to install an old wireless IR camera inside the fridge. As it turns out the audio from this camera turned out to be it's most useful feature as I can hear the "heartbeat" of the active fermentation any time I am out in the shop without ever opening the door to the fridge. But I can always look up at the monitor and see that all is well inside the fridge.

First of all you're a solid lady if you support his hobby like this.

I guess it would also depend on where it was located, and you might want to see what kind of glass the fridge has. If it's uv protective glass then you should be fine regardless of what he ferments in.

He does use plastic carboy.
And ill check in to the uv glass.
Thank you guys so much.
As long as he keeps making good beer, I'll keep supporting him.

Back