Fermenter for 10 Gallon Batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs47

Reaction score
What do you guys use for fermenting 10 gallon batches? I currently use a 5 CF Chest freezer with temp control for my 5 gallon batches. I am considering moving up to some 10 gallon batches, but I can not fit 2 buckets or carboys in the there. Surely there must be some 14 gallon container that is less than 15 inches in diameter.

I managed to get my hands on a 50 liter Euro keg that fits my fridge. Check to see if a keg will fit you your chest freezer.

I just use two 5 gallon carboys in a 5 CF freezer. Sit one on the ground and the other on the hump, you just have to leave the lid open. Works better than I would have ever thought. I experimenting with yeast so in haven't looked for any 10 Gallon comtainers. But if i do want some I think I would get one of These

I am just moving to 10 gal batches right now and plan to use my 5cf chest freezer as well. i plan to build a collar in the next week or two and then either do one carboy on the hump and one on the bottom or build a little shelf the same height as the hump and do them side by side. I tested them and they will fit.

Back