Fermenter Display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystyles

Reaction score
So I have this idea to create a display for my carboys under my bar (facing out). I would probably make the display boxes climate controlled but i was also thinking it might look really good to be able to have the boxes be lit so that people can see the beer chugging away, especially if they are in secondary since they would be fairly clean...

My point is (sorry, its late) I have been having trouble find good information of the effects of light on beer. Obviously 'light' causes beer to skunk but i have found everything from only UV range does it to only above ~500nm is a problem to any 'light' at all will cause problems. Normally I would just build one and do a couple side by side trials but the project is going to require a good amount of designing and money to build and will also require me to cut opening in a bar that has some sentimental value.

So does anyone have any advise?
and by advise i mean info on the nm cutoff at which the sulfur compounds start breaking down and forming new smellier ones or ideas on the best type of lighting to try to use.

Back