Fermentation Timeline Dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chieftain

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I got over eager to brew, and didn't pay attention to the calendar. Brewed an NEIPA this past Friday (the 14th), and have to leave for a week long vacation this coming Friday (the 21st). Beer OG was 1.066, and its bubbling away in my conical (used a good pitch of A24 slurry). Typically I let it ferment for 10 days, cool crash, raise back up to 62 or so and dry hop for a couple days before cold crashing...but I don't have that time now. So, do I try to speed everything up, just let it sit on the yeast for two weeks until I get back, or...? Thinking maybe best to let it sit rather than rush things. I'll be dry hopping 9oz of Citra/Simcoe, so don't want to risk a clogged transfer.

Agreed, the notion would be 4 days shy of my minimum timeline for an neipa, and that involves shortened dry hop stands and just one day of cold-crashing before kegging. Basically a fire-drill neipa ;)

Better to wait, the beer won't care about a week on the yeast assuming respectable temperature control.
When you get home, do the soft-crash thing then start your dry-hopping...

Cheers!

Alright, thanks all for the affirmation. Neglected to mention the conical is parked in a temp controlled freezer, so that part is covered.

Back