fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpentero

Reaction score
I'm on my third batch of brew and by the time I get around to bottling it, ( I will be traveling, otherwise I would bottle it after about a week) it will have been in my fermenter for 15 days. Is that to long of a wait? My other 2 brews( Northrim wheat-7 days and Belgian abbey-9 days before bottling.) This batch is an American IPA.

Nope, your beer will be fine, and probably better for the age. I recommend checking out some of the opinions in the beginner topics stickied in this forum. Definitely let your beer wait the 15 days, if not longer.

I did the same when I started and found I had to wait anyway for the "green beer" flavor to diminish. Now I bulk age in the primary for a minimum of 3 weeks and as soon as my beer is carbed up it is delicious. The off flavors have gone away almost completely...no more buttery diacetyl or green apple acetylaldehydeor nanner flavors :ban:

Leave it and see if it isn't your best yet!!!

Welcome to your new obsession :mug:

Back