Fermentation stopped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

I made slims lemon lime hefeweizen. I hit an OG of 1.060 and my fermentation after three weeks has stopped at 1.020. I'm supposed to transfer it to my keg today.

It's been at 1.020 for a week now. Should I attempt to ferment this down? Or just transfer.

I made the five gallon batch all grain no modifications.

Without knowing more (mash temp, yeast, recipe) it sounds like it's done. I don't know for sure what you mean by "I'm supposed to transfer to my keg today". If you are going by a calendar schedule, do yourself a favor and forget about that. The yeast is done when it's done. But yeah, three weeks should be plenty of time.

depends f you like how it is now. If you want it a bit dryer, you could get a pack of champagne yeast to try and eat up some more sugars.

It's sitting a little over 5%, which is about right for a Hefeweizen. Taste it and see. My Hefe usually finishes right around 1.015~1.016, but I'm usually at 1.055 or so for my OG. :mug:

Yeah I just kegged her up. Wasn't about to dump anymore yeast in. My attenuation was correct for the yeast. Thanks guys.

Did you calibrate your hydrometer in plain water? Mine is off by about 0.004.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back