fermentation stopped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heteloto

Reaction score
Hello!

I am brewing my first beer. A spiced pumpkin ale. after about 8 hours the fermentation was kicking so hard it blew out of the top of the 3 piece airlock. I sanitized a new lock pulled the old one out and replaced it Nd I haven't seen a bubble since. I know that airlocks are a bad representation of fermentation but the bottom of the jug is all yeast and I don't see much going on. Could the overflow or switching out the lock have ruined fermentation?

No. It's either done fermenting, or not sealed completely. If air can get out somewhere else, your airlock won't bubble.

Ok, I k ow its not don't it has only been about 3 days. Air escaping is pretty unlikely I'm fermenting in a one gallon just with a secure bung. If I swirl the jug it will bubble for a few seconds. Yeast seems to be settled. I'm a chef by trade and typically I try to fix anything on the fly and I a probably just being rather impatient.

Latest posts

Back