Fermentation schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uintafly

Reaction score
Up until my most recent batch I have always fermented in a basement storage room with an ambient temp that stayed pretty steady at 66. I finally converted a chest freezer with an STC-1000 and have my most recent batch fermenting at 65 (with probe connected to bucket underneath bubble wrap).

But my question is whether people start increasing the fermentation temps throughout the process. Obviously some styles are going to call for warmer temps, but what is your standard process? Keep it steady, or ramp it up a bit to help the yeast clean things up?

Up until my most recent batch I have always fermented in a basement storage room with an ambient temp that stayed pretty steady at 66. I finally converted a chest freezer with an STC-1000 and have my most recent batch fermenting at 65 (with probe connected to bucket underneath bubble wrap).

But my question is whether people start increasing the fermentation temps throughout the process. Obviously some styles are going to call for warmer temps, but what is your standard process? Keep it steady, or ramp it up a bit to help the yeast clean things up?

I use US - 05 mostly I will start out at around 65F and after about 72 hours let if rise up to 68F to finish

but I brew ales most of the time (a stout/porter from time to time)

but my stuff is in the kegs after 14 days

all the best

S_M

Same for me, I typically start at the low end of the recommended range, then bump it up over a few days which usually puts it close to the middle of the range.

Back