Fermentation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIM-MAY

Reaction score
Just started my 2nd batch. An imperial blonde ale from brewers best kit. My question is with my first batch i had such a vigorous fermentation it blew the airlock. With this batch while bubbling seems kinda wimpy. Is it just my inexperience and being paranoid or is there concern? Here is what it looks like about 12 hours.
Thanks

image.jpg

Looks normal to me.
What temp are you at and what yeast? Zooming in it looks like 75 deg which would be to warm

The yeast came with the kit. I didnt notice what the brand or strain was. It was an ale yeast though. I remember seeing that. I noticed that when i cover the carboy to keep light out the temp rises some. If i were to keep it off the room temp is 68-70.

Thanks

The temp is going to start rising to high. Do yourself a favor ASAP get a Rubbermaid container, or anything that the will fit the Carboy and hold water. Put the Carboy in the bucket and Fill it with room temp water.Wrap the top of the carboy in a wet towel half in the water so it wicks up. Its called a swamp cooler and will maintain the correctish temp. To warm of ferment temp could/will lead to off flavors

Back