Fermentation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duker

Reaction score
I am making my first batch ever, day one no action in the air lock, day 2 moderate action:ban: , today nothing (seems a little early) temp is 71 deg. Am I a noOb overreacting?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Sounds like it's fine to me. If you can, you may want to cool it down a few degrees, to about 65 or so. Give it at least another week, two would be better.

What are you fermenting in?
Did you peek to see what was going on in the fermenter?

There are many reasons why you might not be seeing airlock activity, however it is very unlikely the fermentation stopped overnight.

I suspect you are still making beer. Have patience.

6.5 gal plastic fermenter, nope haven't peeked yet. Like I said first batch, did not want to open afraid of contamination...still unsure on the do's and dont's, i will also try to cool it down a bit...Thanks guys

First guess since you are using a bucket is a leak some where. Which is not a big deal the escaping C02 will keep the oxygen out.

OK, I guess I am just nervous...I did pop the lid, did not see anything, looks like it did the day I poured it in, I would think the should be something floating on top.

Do I need to stir it, or add yeast?

Back