Fermentation chamber or chamberS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcrawfo2

Reaction score
I've started to take a more active role in controlling my fermentation temps. I had just been moving to different parts of the house and got lucky, but last week I was either too hot or too cold. I there together a solution with an stc1000 and a reptile heating pad under the fermenter and started brainstorming on the bigger picture.
My idea is one or more single fermenter insulated boxes where I directly measure and possible heat the fermenter (rather than heat/measure the air). Taking this into warmer months I could use the cooling side of the stc1000 to force air from a dorm fridge into the necessary fermentation chamber. This would allow me to have individual control per beer

Am I overthinking? My fear is that I keep a beer later in fermentation stages at 68 and then put a beer in early fermentation and it gets too hot.

It sounds like you want to control multiple fermentors at one time? To do this you can keep the fermentors in a old used chest freezer at the lowest temp fermentor(lager's etc). Use multiple stc's to kick on the reptile heating pad on the fermentors(ales) that need to be warmer.

Back