• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arizona Fermentation Chamber Appraisal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pros: It is a really well made chamber with beautiful wood clearly made by someone who knows cabinetry. It is gorgeous.

Cons: To find someone who wants their fermentation cabinet to double as a focal point display and is willing to spend $750.00 on it is a tough ask. Most people who use these chambers DIY them out of scraps and tuck them in a corner of the basement. Again most homebrewers would rather use that kind of money on other more useful "must have" items.

I think you may have a bear of a time breaking even.

Here is my initial thoughts:

1) Wow, that is a nice build
2) For $750? Think of all the cheaper options that would allow you to buy a fermentation chamber and purchase other usable equipment
3) Has trouble getting to lagering temps? For $750?
4) A nice Keezer could be had for that price with kegs and co2 tank
5) How many brewers keep their fermentation chamber as a focal point in the house?
6) Can I trust the condenser to run a long time after purchase? If it dies, I need to know how to replace the condenser or I lose my $750. You take this risk buying a keezer but at least you have kegging setup with it.

Don't mean to discourage you, but I think you'll have a hard time getting your asking price. Maybe you can break even with the right buyer. I go into every purchase or build knowing I probably will not get back what I paid for it.

I would agree with other posters as well.

Amazing work, obviously well made and beautiful. However, for $750, its unfinished and as others have noted, not many brewers want to make a fermentation chamber their focal point. As a reference, i bought a commercial (beverage air) freezer that fits 10 carboys at the same time in it for $200 on craigslist and it was all stainless. My point is there are MUCH cheaper options for a fermentation chamber that would get the job done just as well or better. You can go into home depot and buy a small chest freezer for $300 all day long and add a control to it for temp for another $100 if you buy one or $40 if you make one.

My suggestion to try and recoup some costs would be to find a way, as inexpensively as possible, turn it into a keezer. Throw 2 taps on a home made tower of some sort (painted PVC, wood, plumbers pipe). Buy used taps and shanks on ebay or craigslist. I think you could get a lot more for it as a keezer than a fermentation chamber.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!

While your chamber is nicely done and attractive, my initial impression of things like this is how much do I trust the functionality of something that seems homemade. I mean no disrespect to your valued product.

I have two 7 cf freezers that work as fermenters and lagering chambers. Complete with Inkbird ATC and Fermwrap, I have $250 in each and bought them new. I have them in my brew shed and am not concerned about aesthetics. Other's may be aesthetic oriented so it varies for individual tastes of course.

Back