Fermentation bucket liners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hausofstrauss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you subscribe to BYO, you might have seen one of my DIY's in the March/April 2015 BYO Homebrew Hacks Issue.

I'm basically using food safe bag liners for my fermentations. Cleanup has never been so easy! I've got a few option for bags through Uline, Amazon and Trashbagdepot on my post.

Here is the concept:
  • Pull new bag out, put into fermenter, pour in wort
  • Then do everything you would normally do
  • When done, rack beer as you normally would
  • pull bag out, tie shut, put in trash
  • Done!

Here is the full post and discussion of the concerns people would have on the safety of using these in fermentation.

Fermentation Bucket Liners

I've been using them since late 2011 and have yet to have one leak, cause an infection or off-flavors. I'm actually about to try wine, so I'll use them on that as well. The main thing they haven't done is keep me in the garage cleaning longer than necessary.

Folks, My reason for joining is that I'd been looking for a good & affordable 6.5 gallon fermentation bucket liner & think I've found it: Buddy Bags Co Multipurpose Nylon Turkey Oven Bags, 19"Wx24"L in a ten pack for $9.32 ...comes with free shipping.

The bag is FDA approved, and is big enough both in width and length to overlap the rim of a 6.5 gal (12" OD) beer bucket and long enough to reach the top (17") when filled. (The bottom radius plus height is 22.5" while the bag length is 24", so there should be 1.5" left for overlap of the rim.

I purchased it from "The Hydroponic City Los Angeles" through my Amazon Prime account, but the free shipping is being provided by Hydroponic City.

Back