Fermentation Airlock Bubbling Enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stromboni

Reaction score
So this is my first time brewing and my beer has been in the primary fermenter for about 48 hours now. This is what the airlock looks like and it looked the same as 24 hours ago when I first started seeing the bubbles. Is this normal? Thanks
7B6507E2-F529-4097-82B9-C800271F48B7.jpeg

If you’ve seen anything then don’t worry. It’ll be fine. Just don’t open it or anything.

Seeing that your using a brew bucket, its fairly common to have a little leak around the seal. First time I experienced this, I thought I screwed up. Turns out its fairly common and that beer was great. Enjoy your first brew!

I'm not sure what we're supposed to be looking at in a still picture? you should see the little plastic piece in the middle bobbing up and down as fermentation gas escapes. Those little tiny bubbles on the side do not mean anything... Probably just some gas in your airlock water coming out of solution.

Back