Fermenator 27

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoKrausen

Reaction score
Hi all, the best Brother in the world just gave me the 27 Gallon Fermenator for XMas! Yeehar!:mug:

One problem: it is huge!(24"Wx24"Dx34.75"H). It won't fit in my deep freezer or frige/kegerator(not deep enough or high enough). I found that the huge 21 cu ft refrigerators will due but now I have buy it.

Any ideas? aside from building a walk in...which I found on this site and was sweet!:rockin:

I guess this is also notice to those who might want one but haven't considered the available cooling space.

I built a brew closet to control the temperature of beer fermenting in my DIY 21 gallon fermenter. Read the brew closet link in my signature.

Other options include insulating the fermenter with a blanket and building a copper coiled glycol cooling system or using peltier devices.

Thanks for the advise! It seems I have some technical and budgetary soul searching to do.

I have the same fermenator and was looking for a similar solution. Ideally with a glycol chiller.

Thanks, let me know.

Back