Fermcap - Shortage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about everyone but I have it in stock. I can say that the active ingredient as far as I know is made by Dow, and they are the only ones that make it. So if Dow is out or having problems making it then everyone suffers.

You can also use Mylicon Infant drops with the same results at the same rate as Fermcap. And if it's approved for ingestion by babies, i'd expect it's safe for your beer too.

I use it. Works great! 1 drop per gallon. It's not cheaper than Fermcap but, I don;t have to go to LHBS for Mylicon.

I do wholeheartedly support Brewmasters Warehouse, but I thought I'd point out that AHS carries foam control drops. They are not branded Fermcap, but do the same thing.

You can also use Mylicon Infant drops with the same results at the same rate as Fermcap. And if it's approved for ingestion by babies, i'd expect it's safe for your beer too.

I use it. Works great! 1 drop per gallon. It's not cheaper than Fermcap but, I don;t have to go to LHBS for Mylicon.

+1 to Mylicon. I use it and have detected no off flavors and works perfectly. Great because none of the LHBS carry Fermcap.

thanks for all the feedback. :mug:

I see that some vendors do have it, but it is all I need to order at the moment and the shipping is more than the product, so it will have to wait until i can include it in a bigger order. I couldn't get shipping costs at the online vendors I normally order from, since I couldn't add it to my cart. :drunk:

I will try the mylocin drops in the meantime.

Back