Fellowship of the Homebrew XII: The Purge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to try something a little different with you all if your up for it. I have the beginnings of an application to manage the beer offering selections for us. If you are all up for it we could give it a try. It is not perfect but it beats copy pasting offers on here.

It will work best if I can share my screen in google meet, link to be provided later.

Let me know your thoughts!

I want to try something a little different with you all if your up for it. I have the beginnings of an application to manage the beer offering selections for us. If you are all up for it we could give it a try. It is not perfect but it beats copy pasting offers on here.

It will work best if I can share my screen in google meet, link to be provided later.

Let me know your thoughts!
I’d be down but I’m afraid not everyone will be able to join a good meet. You could always post screenshots of your screen in the thread

I’d be down but I’m afraid not everyone will be able to join a good meet. You could always post screenshots of your screen in the thread
Posting screenshots could be difficult as all the information does not fit onto one screen.

Sorry it's last minute (almost literally), but I need to back out. My milk stout seems to have stalled at ~50% attenuation, so I'm not sure if it's going to be a dumper or not. I don't want to leave someone with only three beers, so I'll catch you guys for FotHB XIII.

Sorry it's last minute (almost literally), but I need to back out. My milk stout seems to have stalled at ~50% attenuation, so I'm not sure if it's going to be a dumper or not. I don't want to leave someone with only three beers, so I'll catch you guys for FotHB XIII.
Give multiples of one of the beers. That’s no problem at all. I do it all the time

By the way, your submitted offer had five beers...now it has four (not three) ; )

By the way, your submitted offer had five beers...now it has four (not three) ; )
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that! I guess I"m back in, then!

So, I'm still planning to let my milk stout ride for a week or so, so see if my yeasties will wake up. I'll bottle it an try it, and if it's at all good, I'm still willing to send it out to whoever picks my offer. Again, it'll be picker's choice whether they want to wait a month longer or not.

Thanks for being flexible on my first FotHB! I'm hoping to get some feedback on my brews!

@DrGMG

Style ------- Pineapple Hazy IPA (co-brewed with aharri) (2 versions)
ABV % ------- 8-9%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Two versions: One has smoked pineapple. Fermented with Ebbergarden, hops used were Medusa and Idaho 7

Style ------- Scottish Export
ABV % ------- 5.8%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Bbourbon soaked oak chips; took second in the club comp competing with 7 wee heavys.

Style ------- German Pils
ABV % ------- 6.5%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Made with Perle, Saphir, Select Spalt and Tettnang

Style ------- Oktoberfest,
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Classic with just a bit of Herkules at 60min

Maybes:
Pliny the Younger clone, 12% (running low)
Pastry Stout with coconut, cacao, vanilla, marshmallows 16% (I'll probably add a 12oz can in the box if it fits)
Quenepas (Melicoccus bijugatus) berliner 7%. My wife keeps drinking it

----------------------

@Atlantatopher

Style ------- Luscious lychee - belgian pale w/lychee candy and lemon drop hops
ABV % ------- 5.6%
IBU --------- 37.3
Description - (lactose free) This experimental beer is a product of a fantasy Brew-off then went well. The citrusy notes from the belgian yeast along with the lemon drop hops plays nicely with the lychee Candy and helps to create a refreshing Belgian like ale.

Style ------- Belgian Dubbel
ABV % ------- 8.1%
IBU --------- 21
Description - (lactose free) This was a collaborative effort with the VP of Brewers Anonymous where we brewed a 5 gal batch together but split it off for separate fermentation. We tried lower temps and they tried higher temps. Turned out to be a nice Belgian with plenty of esters.

Style ------- Saison
ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 30.5
Description - (lactose free) Crisp easy drinking saison that will make for easy drinking in this hot Florida autumn.

Style ------- Pumpkin Gose
ABV % ------- 5%
IBU --------- 11.8
Description - (lactose free) Fall is coming and so is Pumpkin Spice Everything! So why not a sour beer. The salt really helps to lift the pumpkin spices and the pumpkin puree gives the beer a nice orange color. Its a pumpkin spice beverage that you wont get **** for liking.

----------------------

@RCope

Style ------- Mango Kveik IPA (WCIPA)
ABV % ------- 6.4%
IBU --------- 95
Description - Clear, clean, with a sharp bitterness and strong back end Mango. (hops: Mosaic, HBC-586, Moutere, Ekuanot)

Style ------- Piña Colada Milkshake IPA (NEIPA)
ABV % ------- 7.4%
IBU --------- 89
Description - More coconut than piña, but tasty. Not sessionable. (hops: Sultana, Bru-1, El Dorado)

Style ------- Raspberry Hibiscus IPA (WCIPA)
ABV % ------- 6.4%
IBU --------- 71
Description - Tart berry, with some subtle floral. Great color. Inspired by @day_tripper’s sour of the same name. (hops: Ella, Idaho Gem, Strata, a bit of Riwaka)

Style ------- Buzzard Love IPA (WCIPA)
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- 67
Description - Bell’s house yeast gives this a two hearted vibe in a good way. Balanced. Buzzards just don’t get much love… (hops: Centennial, Cascade, Riwaka, a bit of Citra)

Style ------- Gone Awry - English IPA (with rye)
ABV % ------- 4.9%
IBU --------- 62
Description - I wanted an English IPA with some real bitterness…I got it. The rye gives it a nice edge, as do the less-common hops. (hops: Northdown, Bramling Cross, a bit of HBC-472)

Style ------- TenNinety Imperial Stout
ABV % ------- 9.7%
IBU --------- 58
Description - Coffee, Cocoa Nibs, Vanilla - Aged 4 months in the keg, 2 in the bottle. Representative of the style (to me). (hops: Pacific Gem (bittering), Goldings, EKG)

I may throw in a couple of lagers (Hoppy Festbier, Marzen). Cheers!

----------------------

@fourfarthing

Style ------- Nolan - Dubbel
ABV % ------- 8%
IBU --------- 24
Description - (Dubbel)

Style ------- Conversations with Echoes - NEIPA
ABV % ------- 6.6%
IBU --------- 10-25 (10 from bittering hops)
Description - Mosaic and Motueka with Citra Galaxy and Amarillo in the DDH.

Style ------- Arthur - Witbier
ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 15
Description - Changed up my orange addition this year (Orange peel addition is orange peel in an aleo-saccharum at a raio of 1g of zest to 0.5g of dextrose. Add peel and sugar, muddle and add to a bag. Squeeze out air and leave for 24 hours at room temp (I ONLY DID FOR 3 HOURS). Added at flameout with the peels.). To be bottled this week.

Possible bonus beer: Amarillo Dry Hopped Toby, a farmhouse beer with Roselaire Blend and Hill farmstead dregs dry hopped (literally yesterday) with Amarillo. This may need some serious time in the bottle, but it has been conditioning for 18 months at this point. 4.8% ABV, 3 IBUs.

This week I am brewing and will try to include Ygritte, my grisette. Its a quick one to get done. 5.8% ABV (high for the style, but whatever), 34 IBUs. Brewed with Abbey Ale and the grist made up of 45% flaked barley, wheat and oats. Magnum for bittering, all Styrian Goldings thereafter. This was a gem the last time I made it.

----------------------

@aharri1

Style ------- Pinapel Humle' - Hazy IPA
ABV % ------- 7.5%
IBU --------- 31
Description - Hazy IPA using ebbegarden kveik with medusa and Idaho 7 hops. Used a whole fresh pineapple blended, and added to secondary.

Style ------- Purple Sizzurp - Kettle Sour
ABV % ------- 3.5%
IBU --------- 4
Description - Kettle sour with 8lbs of fresh picked blueberries, vanilla beans, lactose, and cacao nibs. Used oslo kveik yeast.

Style ------- Danky Meteroids - Hazy/WC IPA
ABV % ------- 7%
IBU --------- 68
Description - A cross between a hazy and west coast IPA. I used comet, centennial, and cascade hops. Then, used 6oz equally for the whirlpool, double dry hopped equally with 6oz total. All the comet hops were whole leaf from my plant.

Style ------- Be my Brandywine - Brandywine
ABV % ------- 11.6%
IBU --------- 25
Description - An American style barleywine using hornindal kveik. Then, I aged it for 3 months in a freshly emptied brandy moonshine barrel.

Style ------- Quadraphonic Matrix - Belgium Quad
ABV % ------- 11.25%
IBU --------- 48
Description - Belgian quadrupel using abbey ale II yeast. Bottled conditioned for 9 months.

----------------------

@camonick

Style ------- Putt-Putt Pilsner - Pilsner
ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 21.9
Description - My house Pilsner that I often show in “what are you drinking now” (Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils, Saaz hops, 3.7 SRM)

Style ------- ENGINE 66 - Amber Ale
ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 21.7
Description - 2- row, C-40, C-60 & C-120, Cascade and Saaz hops, 12.3 SRM

Style ------- When Will It Rain? - Vienna Lager
ABV % ------- 5.0%
IBU --------- 21.4
Description - This beer could give Modelo Negra a run for the money (Vienna malt, Melanoiden, CaraPils & Blackprinz, Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops, 10.8 SRM)

Style ------- J & A (Odell 90 Shilling clone)
ABV % ------- 5.4%
IBU --------- 33.2
Description - I served this recipe at my brother’s wedding a year ago and got really good feedback. I just kegged this batch and will bottle when I’m satisfied with the carbonation and clarity (2-row, Caramel 45, Dark Munich, CaraPils, wheat malt & chocolate malt, Nugget & Perle hops, 14.7 SRM)

----------------------

@Dgallo

Style ------- Imperial Oat Cream IPA
ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - A heavy malted oat grainbill, hopped with Idaho 7, Strata, and Citra LUPOMAX

Style ------- Farmhouse Ale
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Fruited mixed fermented farmhouse ale featuring Raspberry, vanilla, orange and zest.

Style ------- Brett IPA
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - 100% Brett fermented IPA hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and cashmere. ***disclaimer*** the funk character has become the dominate note. It’s extremely unique and delicious but no longer really reminiscent of an IPA even though it was hopped at a rate of over 2.5 oz per gallon

Also a possible surprise beer

----------------------

@wepeeler

Style ------- Helles
ABV % ------- 5.5%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Traditional German Helles. Pilsner/Vienna. Light, crisp, clean. Noble Hops.

Style ------- Scottish Ale
ABV % ------- 6%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Malt forward, roasty amber ale balanced nicely with clean hop bitterness. Flavors of caramel, toffee, coffee and chocolate.

Style ------- All Citra NEIPA - NEIPA
ABV % ------- 6.1%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - All Citra, haze bomb. No bittering at 60. Golden promise, wheat, oats. Dank, orange, tangerine. Super juicy, soft bitterness/mouthfeel.

Style ------- Marzen
ABV % ------- 4.8%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Light amber, malt forward, crisp, noble hops. Was shooting for a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Falls somewhere between a Festbier and Marzen, imo. Fall crusher.

----------------------

@Beerwildered

Style ------- Maibock/Helles
ABV % ------- 8.9%
IBU --------- 24.26
Description - Malty. Lucious. Boozy. This maibock rolls in at 8.9%abv. Drink this one to get warm!

Style ------- Mazen/Oktoberfest
ABV % ------- 5.6%
IBU --------- 25.06
Description - Traditional, malty, and perfectly crisp. Just in time for the celebration.

Style ------- Cream Ale
ABV % ------- 6.4%
IBU --------- 18
Description - Crisp, clean, perfect for finishing work at the end of the day.

Style ------- Black is Beautiful Imperial Stout - Imperial Stout
ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- 82
Description - A smooth, strong Imperial Stout with roast, caramel, and dark chocolate flavors atop a soft flaked-oat body.

----------------------

@3 Dawg Night

Style ------- Dancing Rabbit - American Pale Ale.
ABV % ------- 7.2%
IBU --------- 43
Description - An all-Cascade American Pale Ale

Style ------- Tormado - American Amber Ale
ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 40
Description - American Amber Ale with Warrior & Centennial

Style ------- Screaming Eagle - Belgian Pale Ale
ABV % ------- 5.8%
IBU --------- 35
Description - Belgian Pale Ale with an American twist. Centennial & Tettnanger.

Style ------- Thistle Bee Heaven - American IPA
ABV % ------- 7.9%
IBU --------- 60
Description - American IPA with Horizon, Centennial, Simcoe, & Amarillo. Just bottled, so it's super fresh!

(the beer below is no longer available)
Style ------- Jones Valley Milk Stout - Milk Stout
ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 27
Description - Based on Jamil's Triple-X recipe. This one hasn't been brewed yet, but it will be within the week. You can either wait about a month until it's bottled, or I can substitute an extra bottle or two of one of the others and ship sooner. Picker's choice!

----------------------

@TwistedGray

Style ------- "48" - House Ale
ABV % ------- 2.10%
IBU --------- (very low)
Description - Each year I harvest my blackberries I brew something with them. This year's "house ale" is fruited with 4.5lbs of blackberry goop (I remove the seeds and skin) and wet hopped with a blend of my homegrown hops (two plants - no clue what they are anymore). It's a session beer.

Style ------- Tiocfaidh ár lá ("Our day will come") - Irish Red Ale
ABV % ------- 5.12%
IBU --------- (unknown)
Description - My first foray into Irish Red's, so we'll see how this turns out.

Style ------- Baby Spuds - Irish Red Ale
ABV % ------- 3.94%
IBU --------- (unknown)
Description - This is the second runnings from the above IRA with a few changes (hop volume, water, and yeast). This had, of course, a lower starting gravity, but it also have a lower finish gravity.

Style ------- NA Strawberry Sour - Kettle Sour
ABV % ------- 0.53%
IBU --------- 0
Description - NA Strawberry Sour - El Jefe Brewing Company - Untappd

Style ------- Flor de Tila - Tea Beer
ABV % ------- 1%
IBU --------- 0
Description - This is an unhopped, non-alcoholic tea beer (1% ABV). It has a nice funk to it from the tea "pods". The tea is used in Mexico as a way to help gastro. intestinal issues, and it also supposedly helps you sleep. I get none of that, but it does have nice tannins : )
@Beerwildered you're first to pick!

@Atlantatopher

Style ------- Luscious lychee - belgian pale w/lychee candy and lemon drop hops
ABV % ------- 5.6%
IBU --------- 37.3
Description - (lactose free) This experimental beer is a product of a fantasy Brew-off then went well. The citrusy notes from the belgian yeast along with the lemon drop hops plays nicely with the lychee Candy and helps to create a refreshing Belgian like ale.

Style ------- Belgian Dubbel
ABV % ------- 8.1%
IBU --------- 21
Description - (lactose free) This was a collaborative effort with the VP of Brewers Anonymous where we brewed a 5 gal batch together but split it off for separate fermentation. We tried lower temps and they tried higher temps. Turned out to be a nice Belgian with plenty of esters.

Style ------- Saison
ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 30.5
Description - (lactose free) Crisp easy drinking saison that will make for easy drinking in this hot Florida autumn.

Style ------- Pumpkin Gose
ABV % ------- 5%
IBU --------- 11.8
Description - (lactose free) Fall is coming and so is Pumpkin Spice Everything! So why not a sour beer. The salt really helps to lift the pumpkin spices and the pumpkin puree gives the beer a nice orange color. Its a pumpkin spice beverage that you wont get **** for liking.

----------------------

@fourfarthing

ABV % ------- 8%
IBU --------- 24
Description - (Dubbel)

ABV % ------- 6.6%

ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 15
Description - Changed up my orange addition this year (Orange peel addition is orange peel in an aleo-saccharum at a raio of 1g of zest to 0.5g of dextrose. Add peel and sugar, muddle and add to a bag. Squeeze out air and leave for 24 hours at room temp (I ONLY DID FOR 3 HOURS). Added at flameout with the peels.). To be bottled this week.

Possible bonus beer: Amarillo Dry Hopped Toby, a farmhouse beer with Roselaire Blend and Hill farmstead dregs dry hopped (literally yesterday) with Amarillo. This may need some serious time in the bottle, but it has been conditioning for 18 months at this point. 4.8% ABV, 3 IBUs.

This week I am brewing and will try to include Ygritte, my grisette. Its a quick one to get done. 5.8% ABV (high for the style, but whatever), 34 IBUs. Brewed with Abbey Ale and the grist made up of 45% flaked barley, wheat and oats. Magnum for bittering, all Styrian Goldings thereafter. This was a gem the last time I made it.

----------------------

@aharri1

Style ------- Pinapel Humle' - Hazy IPA
ABV % ------- 7.5%
IBU --------- 31
Description - Hazy IPA using ebbegarden kveik with medusa and Idaho 7 hops. Used a whole fresh pineapple blended, and added to secondary.

Style ------- Purple Sizzurp - Kettle Sour
ABV % ------- 3.5%
IBU --------- 4
Description - Kettle sour with 8lbs of fresh picked blueberries, vanilla beans, lactose, and cacao nibs. Used oslo kveik yeast.

Style ------- Danky Meteroids - Hazy/WC IPA
ABV % ------- 7%
IBU --------- 68
Description - A cross between a hazy and west coast IPA. I used comet, centennial, and cascade hops. Then, used 6oz equally for the whirlpool, double dry hopped equally with 6oz total. All the comet hops were whole leaf from my plant.

Style ------- Be my Brandywine - Brandywine
ABV % ------- 11.6%
IBU --------- 25
Description - An American style barleywine using hornindal kveik. Then, I aged it for 3 months in a freshly emptied brandy moonshine barrel.

Style ------- Quadraphonic Matrix - Belgium Quad
ABV % ------- 11.25%
IBU --------- 48
Description - Belgian quadrupel using abbey ale II yeast. Bottled conditioned for 9 months.

----------------------

@camonick

ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 21.9
Description - My house Pilsner that I often show in “what are you drinking now” (Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils, Saaz hops, 3.7 SRM)

ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 21.7

ABV % ------- 5.0%
IBU --------- 21.4
Description - This beer could give Modelo Negra a run for the money (Vienna malt, Melanoiden, CaraPils & Blackprinz, Hallertau Mittelfrueh hops, 10.8 SRM)

ABV % ------- 5.4%
IBU --------- 33.2
Description - I served this recipe at my brother’s wedding a year ago and got really good feedback. I just kegged this batch and will bottle when I’m satisfied with the carbonation and clarity (2-row, Caramel 45, Dark Munich, CaraPils, wheat malt & chocolate malt, Nugget & Perle hops, 14.7 SRM)

----------------------

@Dgallo

ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - A heavy malted oat grainbill, hopped with Idaho 7, Strata, and Citra LUPOMAX

ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - Fruited mixed fermented farmhouse ale featuring Raspberry, vanilla, orange and zest.

Style ------- Brett IPA
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A
Description - 100% Brett fermented IPA hopped with Citra, Mosaic, and cashmere. ***disclaimer*** the funk character has become the dominate note. It’s extremely unique and delicious but no longer really reminiscent of an IPA even though it was hopped at a rate of over 2.5 oz per gallon

----------------------

@Beerwildered

Style ------- Maibock/Helles
ABV % ------- 8.9%
IBU --------- 24.26
Description - Malty. Lucious. Boozy. This maibock rolls in at 8.9%abv. Drink this one to get warm!

Style ------- Mazen/Oktoberfest
ABV % ------- 5.6%
IBU --------- 25.06
Description - Traditional, malty, and perfectly crisp. Just in time for the celebration.

Style ------- Cream Ale
ABV % ------- 6.4%
IBU --------- 18
Description - Crisp, clean, perfect for finishing work at the end of the day.

Style ------- Black is Beautiful Imperial Stout - Imperial Stout
ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- 82
Description - A smooth, strong Imperial Stout with roast, caramel, and dark chocolate flavors atop a soft flaked-oat body.

----------------------

@3 Dawg Night

ABV % ------- 7.2%
IBU --------- 43

ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 40

ABV % ------- 5.8%
IBU --------- 35

ABV % ------- 7.9%
IBU --------- 60
Description - American IPA with Horizon, Centennial, Simcoe, & Amarillo. Just bottled, so it's super fresh!

ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 27
Description - Based on Jamil's Triple-X recipe. This one hasn't been brewed yet, but it will be within the week. You can either wait about a month until it's bottled, or I can substitute an extra bottle or two of one of the others and ship sooner. Picker's choice!

----------------------

@TwistedGray

ABV % ------- 2.10%
IBU --------- (very low)
Description - Each year I harvest my blackberries I brew something with them. This year's "house ale" is fruited with 4.5lbs of blackberry goop (I remove the seeds and skin) and wet hopped with a blend of my homegrown hops (two plants - no clue what they are anymore). It's a session beer.

ABV % ------- 5.12%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 3.94%
IBU --------- (unknown)
Description - This is the second runnings from the above IRA with a few changes (hop volume, water, and yeast). This had, of course, a lower starting gravity, but it also have a lower finish gravity.

ABV % ------- 0.53%
IBU --------- 0

ABV % ------- 1%
IBU --------- 0
Description - This is an unhopped, non-alcoholic tea beer (1% ABV). It has a nice funk to it from the tea "pods". The tea is used in Mexico as a way to help gastro. intestinal issues, and it also supposedly helps you sleep. I get none of that, but it does have nice tannins : )

From <Fellowship of the Homebrew XII: The Purge>

@Beerwildered missed the 1st slot
aharri1 Selected Rcope
DrGMG has selected Wepeeler
TwistedGray has selected DrGMG
@camonick your pick is from 6:25-6:30 EST
@wepeeler you on on deck to pick at 6:30 EST

aharri1 Selected Rcope
camonick has selected Beerwildered
@wepeeler you have until 6:35 EST
@RCope you are on deck for the next pick starting at 6:35 EST

Remaining offers

@fourfarthing

ABV % ------- 8%
IBU --------- 24
Description - (Dubbel)

ABV % ------- 6.6%

ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 15

----------------------

@camonick

ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 21.9

ABV % ------- 5.7%
IBU --------- 21.7

ABV % ------- 5.0%
IBU --------- 21.4

ABV % ------- 5.4%
IBU --------- 33.2

----------------------

@Dgallo

ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- N/A

ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

Style ------- Brett IPA
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

----------------------

@3 Dawg Night

ABV % ------- 7.2%
IBU --------- 43

ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 40

ABV % ------- 5.8%
IBU --------- 35

ABV % ------- 7.9%
IBU --------- 60

ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 27

----------------------

@TwistedGray

ABV % ------- 2.10%
IBU --------- (very low)

ABV % ------- 5.12%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 3.94%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 0.53%
IBU --------- 0

ABV % ------- 1%
IBU --------- 0

aharri1 Selected Rcope
@wepeeler Missed the 6th slot
RCope has selected aharri1
3 Dawg Night has selected Atlantatopher
@fourfarthing has missed the 9th slot
Atlantatopher has selected fourfarthing
@Dgallo has until 7:05 EST to make a selection

@camonick i was off too. For some reason I thought we were at 8 pm est start. Good think I have last pick and didn’t screw anything up haha

aharri1 Selected Rcope
@fourfarthing has missed the 9th slot
Dgallo has selected camonick

Remaining Offers

@Dgallo

ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- N/A

ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

Style ------- Brett IPA
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

----------------------

@3 Dawg Night

ABV % ------- 7.2%
IBU --------- 43

ABV % ------- 6.8%
IBU --------- 40

ABV % ------- 5.8%
IBU --------- 35

ABV % ------- 7.9%
IBU --------- 60

ABV % ------- 5.3%
IBU --------- 27

----------------------

@TwistedGray

ABV % ------- 2.10%
IBU --------- (very low)

ABV % ------- 5.12%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 3.94%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 0.53%
IBU --------- 0

ABV % ------- 1%
IBU --------- 0

@Atlantatopher, it seems that you and @DrGMG are friends, and he just threw you under the bus and nominated you to run this round (as friends will do). Despite that, you stepped up and did an awesome job! I (we) really appreciate it!
New guy initiation. Thanks for running this round. They were all good offers.

aharri1 Selected Rcope
fourfarthing has selected 3 Dawg Night
Dgallo has selected camonick

Remaining Offers

@Dgallo

ABV % ------- 8.4%
IBU --------- N/A

ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

Style ------- Brett IPA
ABV % ------- 6.2%
IBU --------- N/A

----------------------

@TwistedGray

ABV % ------- 2.10%
IBU --------- (very low)

ABV % ------- 5.12%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 3.94%
IBU --------- (unknown)

ABV % ------- 0.53%
IBU --------- 0

ABV % ------- 1%
IBU --------- 0

I'll take @3 Dawg Night since i have an @Dgallo trade in play and have cost @TwistedGray way too much in shipping over the years. I also want that Milk Stout :)
We'll see how it turns out! It's hung at 1.028 FG right now, so it might be SUPER sweet. Might work great in your hummingbird feeder, though!

We'll see how it turns out! It's hung at 1.028 FG right now, so it might be SUPER sweet. Might work great in your hummingbird feeder, though!
Milk stout at 1.028 is very normal. I bet you’re done. 1 lb of lactose will be anywhere from 6-8 GU points so if you mashed 154*f and used a good percentage of dark, crystal, and flaked grains then you’re right on the money

Milk stout at 1.028 is very normal. I bet you’re done. 1 lb of lactose will be anywhere from 6-8 GU points so if you mashed 154*f and used a good percentage of dark, crystal, and flaked grains then you’re right on the money
I'm only showing ~55% attenuation. Do you really think it might be done? The recipe FG is 1.017. I used 1 lb Black Patent, 0.75 of C70, 0.5 of pale chocolate, and 1 lb lactose. I was aiming for a mash temperature of 151F, but ended up a little warm, probably 153-154F for 10-15 min until I could get it cooled down.

Latest posts

Back