Fellowship of the Homebrew X: Thou Shalt Enjoy the Homebrew and Hangover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBC

Well-Known Boozer!
Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrewers,

Welcome to the FotHB Society...membership dues are payable to @PianoMan and @TwistedGray!

How to become a member of our super secret, public, everyone is invited (well...kinda) society of FotHB traders
1. Review the previous FotHB threads - linked at the bottom.
2. Express your interested by letting us know in this thread.
3. Have four beer styles in bottles, fermentors, or otherwise in the immediate works. If you have only a single style of beer in your inventory, you have some catching up to do.
4. Send a private message to me including descriptions of your homebrew offerings (see previous FotHB rounds).
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick date/time send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
6. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you.
7. If you show up on draft day late and your position has been passed over you will be the next in line after whoever the current picker is. (example: You were pick #2 but you show up during #6's pick...you will get to pick after #7 then it resumes the picking order)
8. If you completely forget and do not show up on draft day, it will become a first come first serve free for all.

Rules, there must be rules
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- All participants are expected to leave feedback on itrader once their package is received

Note: If you have not shipped beer before and have no one vetting you, check the LOT thread (<--link) out and get involved there first. You can get trader feedback in time to get involved in this trade...just be snappy about it. OR post in this thread; most of us are interested in small trades to help HBT members get involved.

Offer guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. (One style is not enough, but 2-3 might be allowed...group consensus)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current timelines / Important dates and times
12/04/2019 - Start thread
01/31/2020 - Offers due in by midnight.
02/01/2020 - List of offers, pick order, and pick times posted once everything is in (might take a day depending on submissions)
02/03/2020 - pick day starting at 8pm EST (5pm PST)
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Caution - We have had a number of members forget the dates and times; put it in your Google Calendar or set reminders.

What happens on pick day
- Based on the pick order (posted 2/01/20) the first individual will have five minutes to make their selection
- The second individual in the list will have up to five minutes to make their selection
- Rinse and repeat until all members have chosen (see notes above about late arrivals, MIAs, etc)
- There will be a timeline provided as well that includes pauses in order to update the available offers, let people catch up, etc.

Past FOTHBs REVIEW THESE THREADS IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED FotHB
FotHB I
FotHB II
FotHB III
FotHB IV
FotHB V
FotHB VI
FotHB VII
FotHB VIII
FotHB IX

I really want to get in on one of these. I am dying for feedback on my home brew as I don’t really have any friends that can appreciate it and critique it appropriately.

I can definitely have 3 brews done by February, and most likely 4 as I already have about my next 6 planned. It’s just sometimes things happen as we all know.

I really want to get in on one of these. I am dying for feedback on my home brew as I don’t really have any friends that can appreciate it and critique it appropriately.

I can definitely have 3 brews done by February, and most likely 4 as I already have about my next 6 planned. It’s just sometimes things happen as we all know.

Sounds IN to me

0AAC2CCC-9A2D-4BC0-846C-0DBAAA6D78CF.gif

I'm out of the country too much to get tied into any calendar. I drink homebrew because I like good beer!
Wish my life was exciting enough to say “I don’t do calendars man”lol

Well liking good beer is the perfect reason to join this. Save a few bottles from your recent batches you’ve posted on “what your drinking now” and then you’ll be all set

Wish my life was exciting enough to say “I don’t do calendars man”lol

Well liking good beer is the perfect reason to join this. Save a few bottles from your recent batches you’ve posted on “what your drinking now” and then you’ll be all set

I don't do calendars because I do aircraft repair, usually crashes, usually in places you have to look up on the map. Not really exciting, but you need to be ready to drop everything and go on a moment's notice. It does pay fairly well.
My bug out bag is full of tools!

I will save back some bottles and check back on this. Will be going to Mozambique after the 1st of the year, not sure when I'll be back.

Last edited:
I don't do calendars because I do aircraft repair, usually crashes, usually in places you have to look up on the map. Not really exciting, but you need to be ready to drop everything and go on a moment's notice. It does pay fairly well.
My bug out bag is full of tools!

I will save back some bottles and check back on this. Will be going to Mozambique after the 1st of the year, not sure when I'll be back.

I find your line of work awesome!! I’m sure there’s plenty of stories that could be told.

I am *tentatively* in, reason being my kegerator kicked the bucket this week and I have no means of keeping beer cold. Actively working on getting another one. What are these "dues" you speak of? how much?

Back