Fellowship of the Homebrew VIII: I Drink and I know Things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnenieGone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I hijacked GaBrewZoo's opportunity to run the next Chapter in our wonderful Home Brew Trading Thread. You will be repaid my friend!

Hope everyone has many fermenters bubbling away for the summer session and ready to share their creations. We here at FOTHB don't like to judge but give wonderful praise, or even better, constructive feedback of each other's brews. The aim to be become a better and better brewer for ourselves, family, friends, and of course, other HBT members.

Without further ado, here are the particulars and dates for this round. Since this thread just started, timelines are highly flexible for now. Enjoy your time here and hope to see you on the flip side!

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Send me descriptions of your Home Brew offerings (see previous FotHB).
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings along with posting the randomized pick order in 5min intervals.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules...
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current Timeline
04/17/2019 - Start thread
05/27/2019 - Offers due by
05/28/2019 - List of offers and pick order posted
05/30/2019 - pick day starting at 7pm CST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Picks will be at approximately 5 min intervals depending on the number of participants. For example, if we exceed a certain number of offers a 5 minute pause to update with current available offers will be inserted as needed.

Past FOTHBs:

FOTHB 1
FOTHB 2
FOTHB 3
FOTHB 4
FOTHB 5
FOTHB 6

I'd like to play. I don't think I have a iTrader rating (not sure how to see that). I've always got lots of homebrew on tap. Honey Chamomile Wheat and a Jester/Amarillo IPA bubbling away right now.

Been a while since I bottled a beer. If I can play, time to dust off the beergun.
I think staff should get a free "in".

I'd like to play. I don't think I have a iTrader rating (not sure how to see that). I've always got lots of homebrew on tap. Honey Chamomile Wheat and a Jester/Amarillo IPA bubbling away right now.

Been a while since I bottled a beer. If I can play, time to dust off the beergun.
IDK..can anyone vouch for you?? [emoji6]

You can just send cheese and other assortments!

42D67913-427D-4B4D-A72F-9D6F33D099D8.jpeg

HB Sangria Blush Wine. I’m no wine connoisseur but it’s pretty delicious. Too bad there’s no wine drinkers in here or I’d include a bottle in my offer.

Greetings everyone. I hijacked GaBrewZoo's opportunity to run the next Chapter in our wonderful Home Brew Trading Thread. You will be repaid my friend!

Hope everyone has many fermenters bubbling away for the summer session and ready to share their creations. We here at FOTHB don't like to judge but give wonderful praise, or even better, constructive feedback of each other's brews. The aim to be become a better and better brewer for ourselves, family, friends, and of course, other HBT members.

Without further ado, here are the particulars and dates for this round. Since this thread just started, timelines are highly flexible for now. Enjoy your time here and hope to see you on the flip side!

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Send me descriptions of your Home Brew offerings (see previous FotHB).
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings along with posting the randomized pick order in 5min intervals.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules...
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current Timeline
04/17/2019 - Start thread
05/27/2019 - Offers due by
05/28/2019 - List of offers and pick order posted
05/30/2019 - pick day starting at 7pm CST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Picks will be at approximately 5 min intervals depending on the number of participants. For example, if we exceed a certain number of offers a 5 minute pause to update with current available offers will be inserted as needed.

Past FOTHBs:

FOTHB 1
FOTHB 2
FOTHB 3
FOTHB 4
FOTHB 5
FOTHB 6

Thanks for taking over for me. Really busy right right now. Today is my first day off in four weeks, and in the middle of trying to get my house on the market.
I have a few beers left over and can probably scrounge up two or three homebrews if y'all will have me for this round. Just sold my 9 tap kegerator and having to use an old fridge with picnic taps until we can move and build a smaller unit, but I can always add some commercial beers as extras, and maybe a glass or two.
I'll try and keep up, and should be able to ship a little quicker than I did last round, sorry @TBC .

Thanks for taking over for me. Really busy right right now. Today is my first day off in four weeks, and in the middle of trying to get my house on the market.
I have a few beers left over and can probably scrounge up two or three homebrews if y'all will have me for this round. Just sold my 9 tap kegerator and having to use an old fridge with picnic taps until we can move and build a smaller unit, but I can always add some commercial beers as extras, and maybe a glass or two.
I'll try and keep up, and should be able to ship a little quicker than I did last round, sorry @TBC .
I figured you had zero time from what you said before so no worries. I'll put your name up on the board but totally understandable if you back out.

I’m out this round. Not enough time in the future to brew a good selection of beers. I Really enjoyed participating in the last round. Cheers [emoji482]
Love to have you. There's always the afro-lou approach....deliver 2 months post selection date! [emoji6]

I'm out. Just now got bottled for last round. Crazy dam health issues got me all jacked up. And....I'm finally employed! Headed to Portland, Oregon for my first design job in three years. It's been a long road, but I'm stoked to be going to such fertile beer ground. I hear the wort trees are in full bloom right now!

I'm out. Just now got bottled for last round. Crazy dam health issues got me all jacked up. And....I'm finally employed! Headed to Portland, Oregon for my first design job in three years. It's been a long road, but I'm stoked to be going to such fertile beer ground. I hear the wort trees are in full bloom right now!
Heal up my friend. Best wishes on you job and keep us informed of your success.

Back