Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m using good belly, which works anerobically. So I have to cover the top of the wort with sanitized plastic wrap, to help keep oxygen away. I also purge the tank with co2. Then I use a heat wrap to maintain temp. Worked last time,

Just looks funny, but that Saran wrap is there to keep o2 out? Makes sense.

Which ones are you using? How much per gallon? I'm debating on switching to a more readily available souring agent.

Edit: Yeah mango is supposed to be the most neutral

What is good belly? Lacto?

Brand name of an OTC lacto that you can get from most nicer grocery stores, so I'm told.

I get mine at smart n final. I’m using 24oz for 3.5gals. But I go by ph for the end point. I just start monitoring the ph after 30hrs. 3.1 - 3.2 is the target. I might go a little lower to 2.9 - 3.0 this time. Once the ph is reached, I boil the wort to kill the lacto, then pitch regular yeast to ferment.

I get mine at smart n final. I’m using 24oz for 3.5gals. But I go by ph for the end point. I just start monitoring the ph after 30hrs. 3.1 - 3.2 is the target. I might go a little lower to 2.9 - 3.0 this time. Once the ph is reached, I boil the wort to kill the lacto, then pitch regular yeast to ferment.

Yah I need to invest in a pH meter. I just let OLY ride... If I'm not mistaken there is a lower threshold, no? Like it's not going to drip lower than #.#, right?

Yeah baby. Your label game is awesome. Please PM me your technique as I take pride in mine. Also, nice to see someone else with custom caps.

View attachment 614815

Perfect exrras too. Trip leaked a bit so... I did what everyone else would and poured it. This is really good, even with low carb. You should be proud of this beer.

View attachment 614816
Man been a while since I had some Paradox

Yah I need to invest in a pH meter. I just let OLY ride... If I'm not mistaken there is a lower threshold, no? Like it's not going to drip lower than #.#, right?

I’m not sure how low it can go. Hopefully I can reach my endpoint. We’ll see

Edit: after 24hrs we are at 3.22. Almost there

Last edited:
Here's an Update as to the shipping status. I think everyone has either been delivered or is in contact with who picked them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@pshankstar Selected @PianoMan Offer Recieved
@Homergah selected @Scturo Offer Recieved
@GaBrewZoo selected @fourfarthing
@jason613 selected @Homergah
@chrisgood1 selected @6Tap Offer Recieved
@TwistedGray selected @JCasey1992

@JCasey1992 selected @Gunshowgreg Offer Received
@6Tap selected @TBC
@TBC selected @GaBrewZoo
@Gunshowgreg selected @TwistedGray Offer Recieved
@Scturo selected @pshankstar Offer Recieved
@fourfarthing selected @chrisgood1 Offer Recieved
@PianoMan selected @jason613

Last edited:
Here's an Update as to the shipping status. I think everyone has either been delivered or is in contact with who picked them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@pshankstar Selected @PianoMan Offer Recieved
@Homergah selected @Scturo Offer Recieved
@GaBrewZoo selected @fourfarthing
@jason613 selected @Homergah
@chrisgood1 selected @6Tap Offer Recieved
@TwistedGray selected @JCasey1992
@JCasey1992 selected @Gunshowgreg
@6Tap selected @TBC
@TBC selected @GaBrewZoo
@Gunshowgreg selected @TwistedGray Offer Recieved
@Scturo selected @pshankstar Offer Recieved
@fourfarthing selected @chrisgood1 Offer Recieved
@PianoMan selected @jason613
Just to keep everyone informed... due to an infection, my shipment to @TwistedGray has hit a bit of a delay. We have been in touch and I hope to be able to get it shipped in around 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the delay!

I am expecting for my selection to arrive tomorrow. I will keep you informed @Gunshowgreg!

@Gunshowgreg Your beers arrived this morning in good shape. Can't wait to give them a try! Free Pumpkin Spice Cheerios too! Oh happy day! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
20190308_101103.jpeg

When's the next one!!??!!
@GaBrewZoo??

To be fair, I do still owe him a box...

I still owe TBC a box also. I've been trying to wait until I get my DIPA in the kegerator.

I forgot I'm running the next round. My offer is gonna be kinda slim, brewing has been put on hold until we sell the house and move into an apartment.

Let me get TBCs package sent off, and I'll see about getting the next round started, a week, maybe?

I still owe @TwistedGray a box as well. I'll participate in the next round if you'll have me but I totally understand if you're hesitant as I haven't been able to live up to my end of the deal.

I should add that he and I have been communicating throughout this whole ordeal and it's looking like I should be able to get his box out soon.

P.S. Infected batches suck! [emoji38]

Last edited:
I still owe @TwistedGray a box as well. I'll participate in the next round if you'll have me but I totally understand if you're hesitant as I haven't been able to live up to my end of the deal.

I should add that he and I have been communicating throughout this whole ordeal and it's looking like I should be able to get his box out soon.

Lol, you may not be the last to ship ;)

I am in no rush ... won't run out of beer for a few months, lol.

I still owe TBC a box also. I've been trying to wait until I get my DIPA in the kegerator.

I forgot I'm running the next round. My offer is gonna be kinda slim, brewing has been put on hold until we sell the house and move into an apartment.

Let me get TBCs package sent off, and I'll see about getting the next round started, a week, maybe?
Someone else can run it if you like...

That's what extra retails are for!

Lol, you may not be the last to ship ;)

I am in no rush ... won't run out of beer for a few months, lol.
Sounds good. I appreciate your patience. Just as a bit of an update, I was planning on sending you a partial box as through this comedy of errors the milk stout and the hazelnut porter have become horrendously oxidized. However, if you can wait, I may try to send it all as one shipment. Your call.

Sounds good. I appreciate your patience. Just as a bit of an update, I was planning on sending you a partial box as through this comedy of errors the milk stout and the hazelnut porter have become horrendously oxidized. However, if you can wait, I may try to send it all as one shipment. Your call.

Oh I will definitely be throwing some weldwerks cans in there for sure! It's the least I can do.

I can wait, and no need to send more beer than the offer :)

I'm just happy to try new stuff-n-things.

I know the feeling. We are not moving but I haven’t brewed since December and probably won’t be able to brew until May at the earliest.
Good luck with selling and moving!

Back