Fellowship of the Home Brew XIII: Never Give up, Never Surrender!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won! Only "Colorful Metaphors" can describe my excitement and amazement of your package @RCope!! Chilling one now for the 1st sample. Thank you so much!

PXL_20210414_223937660.jpg

@PianoMan asked me for a critique on his Westvleteren 12 clone. Like @camonick , I have no experience with the style. So I bought the closest thing I could find at Total Wine to compare:
IMG_3552.jpg

My thoughts are: PianoMan rocks! This is not a style I'd ever embrace, especially since Belgian to me means POF+ and I really don't like that particular "off flavor". But this beer is delicious, I get the malty, raisiny flavors, with a slight alcohol sweetness. Compared to the pictured beer, I'd choose PianoMan's every time...the commercial variant is more carbonated, drier, and thinner. Full disclosure...I have never tasted the real Westvleteren 12. But if it's close to PianoMan's I can see why it would be popular. Cheers!

@fourfarthing package arrived in tact except the tape seems to have become integral to the seal of Plums Diffusing. It's in the fridge; that's tomorrow's treat :)

Thanks for the OEC and Suarez :) was hoping those OEC's I was do drooling over the last few days found their way into the box :)

View attachment 728176

Shipping East to West means that I have been stalking your shipment for like 12 hours. Glad it made it. Very interested in feedback.

Package ‘O beer arrived from @3 Dawg Night today. I was a little nervous about what I might find inside when I found the box. Everything was safe and sound though! Thank you. I’ve set the blonde and raspberry aside to age a little like suggested and have the others chilling and settling for some weekend sampling. I like the labels and coasters.:mug:
7F452518-9C20-445F-8A31-1DFA4BE6F578.jpeg

666FCA2F-0429-46C7-ADB2-3ECFF66900B6.jpeg

Package ‘O beer arrived from @3 Dawg Night today. I was a little nervous about what I might find inside when I found the box. Everything was safe and sound though! Thank you. I’ve set the blonde and raspberry aside to age a little like suggested and have the others chilling and settling for some weekend sampling. I like the labels and coasters.:mug:
View attachment 728441
View attachment 728442
Whoa. That box scares me as well. Glad everything was OK!

View attachment 728441
View attachment 728442

Those labels though!

FYI update - Back surgery went well. It was a "simple" discectomy, but instead of removing the disc completely they cleaned up the herniation, and everything went as planned. However, the nerve was a bit more entangled in the herniation, and that means they had a bit more work than originally planned. They needed to manipulate the nerve more than anticipated so I'm feeling a bit more post-surgery pain in my leg. Doctor and nurses said I should feel relief in the upcoming weeks. For now, no BLT: Bending, Lifting or Twisting. Talk about a boring day lol. I already talked to @RCope about the shipment, and I'll get it out as soon as I get clearance from the doctor! This also means you'll get an extra goody, as I was able to brew 1 additional beer before I went in! Cheers everyone!

FYI update - Back surgery went well. It was a "simple" discectomy, but instead of removing the disc completely they cleaned up the herniation, and everything went as planned. However, the nerve was a bit more entangled in the herniation, and that means they had a bit more work than originally planned. They needed to manipulate the nerve more than anticipated so I'm feeling a bit more post-surgery pain in my leg. Doctor and nurses said I should feel relief in the upcoming weeks. For now, no BLT: Bending, Lifting or Twisting. Talk about a boring day lol. I already talked to @RCope about the shipment, and I'll get it out as soon as I get clearance from the doctor! This also means you'll get an extra goody, as I was able to brew 1 additional beer before I went in! Cheers everyone!

Sciatic nerve issue? Fearing I have one of those myself.

Sciatic nerve issue? Fearing I have one of those myself.
Yessir. Terrible pain running from my butt/hip down my left leg into my heel for about 10 months. Couldn't stand for long or sleep. Had a steroid injection without relief in Oct 2020, then chiropractic work with no relief. Got second opinion and was referred to a great doctor who was 99% confident he could relieve the pain with surgery. Had the surgery on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for relief soon. Been a long road so far...

Back