Fellowship of the Drink XIV: Shipping with the Enemy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to Round XIV of the Fellowship of the Drink swap!

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive.

Link to a few of the previous trades as an example:
Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers
Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings
Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns
Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

So how does it work?

1. If you're interested in participating, post your interest in this thread!
2. Once you're confirmed as a participant I will keep a running list, the order in which you sign up will correlate to your number in the random number generator. You should PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are. If you don’t send links to your beer offerings, I will confiscate all packages that you send.
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos and use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5 minutes between participants.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day log in at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line. If you show up late, you can get into the pick after the person currently picking.

Rules, there must be rules..
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age

- Participants must also meet 1 of the following 4 requirements:
1) A HBT member for 6 months and minimum of 2 iTrader rating. All trades must be 100% positive.
2) A HBT member for 6 months and 0 or 1 iTrader 100% positive rating, but trading experience verified by a qualified FotD participant.
3) A previous FotD participant.

-The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines

- Each offering should be at least 3-6 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender, but please no more than 86oz total in the pictured offering.
- Each offering must also contain at least 1 non-beer item; glassware, stickers, coozies, etc of a local brewery you can get creative.
- You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings (we all love trying homebrew, let's be honest).
- Whales are not required or expected. Myself included most participants are very happy trying beers they may have never even known existed from small breweries local to you. Let's think about those untappd tings.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required.

Offers from a few rounds:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Current Timeline
Thursday, September 13- All photos & final submissions due
Friday, September 14- List of offers and order of picks revealed via random drawing exactly whenever the fuhk I feel like it.
Sunday, September 16- Pick day. 1st pick will be 7:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval, contingent upon the rules above.

Let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_9962.jpg

Moving the conversation here @pshankstar....Yes, records are made to be broken. Home Depot sells large size boxes..that 52lbs was in a medium. fyi...@MC82. [emoji39]View attachment 585048

By posting in this thread you are automatically entered into the trade. Send your pick list before you leave for Cali.

After watching a few rounds I’ve given up on impressing anyone!
I’m just happy if I get beer and somebody picks my offer

It shouldn’t be about impressing anyone, should be about sharing good beer.

My next offer isn’t about impressing anyone, just trying something new. For the past few FOTD I’ve offered the same core beers, fuzzy baby ducks, sip of sunshine, bad sons. Now I want to try something new....

Still working the details out....

This group is and should be about good people sharing good beers.

[emoji482]

My next offer isn’t about impressing anyone, just trying something new. For the past few FOTD I’ve offered the same core beers, fuzzy baby ducks, sip of sunshine, bad sons. Now I want to try something new....

[emoji482]

Hey! I got my glass, eff the rest!

Interesting that you would call someone a fish with out knowing the first thing about them. Must feel good.

Chillax....

Its shorthand for ‘fresh fish’ (see Shawshank Redemption) and is not meant to be insulting, but to note that there will be new participants. That is something we all look forward to, given the nature of the trade.

[emoji482]

Impress wasn’t the right word. I just mean that A lot of the offers have ridiculously cool or rare [emoji482]. I guess I meant that for rookies not to feel bad about their offers

Just add some label overlaid on top, and see if anyone can tell.

In all honesty my offer will probably have a decent mix of styles. I just moved to North Carolina so I’m still trying beers from all the local places, but there’s some really good stuff so far

In all honesty my offer will probably have a decent mix of styles. I just moved to North Carolina so I’m still trying beers from all the local places, but there’s some really good stuff so far

Off topic but if ever in Durham, stop into my cousins pizza joint. Pie Pushers. He knows how to make a pie.

Back