Fellowship of the Drink VII: The Drinkers Awaken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cegan09

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Fellowship of the Drink VII: The Drinkers Awaken

Welcome to Round VII of the Fellowship of the Drink beer/glassware swap!

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive.

Link to the previous Trades:
Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers
Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings
Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns
Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock
Fellowship of the Drink VI: All crying Samwise's will be flogged

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are.
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos.
4. On the day before the pick I'll use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants.
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
6. On pick day show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules..
-Continental US residents only
-Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
-Maximum of 30 participants
-Participants must also meet 1 of the following 4 requirements:
1) A HBT member for 6 months and minimum of 2 iTrader rating. All trades must be 100% positive.
2) A HBT member for 6 months and 0 or 1 iTrader 100% positive rating, but trading experience verified by a qualified FotD participant.
3) A previous FotD participant.
4) Or just PM me with your personal trading experience, and bribery terms! :)
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Each offering should be at least 3-6 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender, but please no more then 86oz total in offering.
- Each offering must also contain at least 1 non-beer item; glassware, stickers, coozies, etc of a local brewery.
- You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings (we all love trying homebrew).
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required however.

Offers from the first five rounds:

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6 Part I
Round 6 Part II

Current Timeline
Thursday, June 1st - Create thread for Round VII
Friday, June 16th - All photos & final submissions due
Saturday, June 17th - List of offers posted
Thursday, June 22nd - Order of picks revealed via random drawing by 12pm EST.
Friday, June 23rd - Pick day. 1st pick will be 6:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hm...I may be in. Timeline for me is a maybe, and I also don't work at the brewery anymore so now I'll have to actually put effort into finding beer :(

Nice, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars blend. Love to join, looking like XI in mid/late August will be my next available slot. Looking at some beers NOW tho to load up!

Hm...I may be in. Timeline for me is a maybe, and I also don't work at the brewery anymore so now I'll have to actually put effort into finding beer :(

Oh yeah, living on the east coast..it'll be impossible to find good beer! Ha!!

May not be in, but I'll troll. 😀

Ahh, I was planning on taking a trading break till August. But @RevKev and @imasickboy motivated me to not miss a round, In :ban:

My birthday today and my freaking awesome wife brought me home beer!!!!!

Nice glass too huh?? Wonder where I got that??

0601171721a.jpg

Going to be a good round. included the maybes, confirm at some point and i'll remove the tag.

1. cegan09
2. RevKev
3. jerbrew
4. Schecter (maybe?)
5. jimyson
6. imasickboy
7. PianoMan (maybe?)
8. TwistedGray
9. PaulR
10. Scturo
11. Thorrak
12. JDXX1971

I really shouldn't be in, as I'm still straggling behind on last round... (sorry @RevKev, it's going out soon!)

But flocc it. I'm in! I just can't stay away...

I literally have no problems! You've kept me up to date and it's only time haha! It's bad this has gotten to be an addictive habit

I realized the other day that I only ever go out and buy beer anymore if I'm at a brewery drinking with friends or I need it for a trade, particularly this group. The only beer ever in my house is from this trade group and my HB, and an occasional other trade. That's what all my guests drink too. Just wanted to share that realization cuz I think that's pretty cool. A hundred breweries in the county and I'd rather drink HB, or trade beer, or Pure Project but they're a whole different kind of tasty.

Addicted? yup! Very excited for another round. :mug: :rockin:

I realized the other day that I only ever go out and buy beer anymore if I'm at a brewery drinking with friends or I need it for a trade, particularly this group. The only beer ever in my house is from this trade group and my HB, and an occasional other trade. That's what all my guests drink too. Just wanted to share that realization cuz I think that's pretty cool. A hundred breweries in the county and I'd rather drink HB, or trade beer, or Pure Project but they're a whole different kind of tasty.

Addicted? yup! Very excited for another round. :mug: :rockin:

Great place to be! Working on getting there myself, but IPAs are my nemesis. I'm about ready to drop a couple Benjamins after waking up and realizing I'm IN again. Damn that Big Bad Baptist! 😉

Back