Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also says I have to add links for the beers. Which pretentious asshat site should I use? I don't know...

:ban:

I believe the links are purely to give a descriptor of the beer since there's a good chance many of us won't know much about all of them. You can choose to pay attention to the rankings or ignore them, but Beer Advocate at least does a good job of getting the beer descriptions right. Untappd can be wildly inaccurate even on simple things like what style beer is it.

Shoot! And here I thought it was customary to load the box as full as you could get it... What the heck am I going to do with all this extra beer now? Better start drinking, I guess. :D

I picked up a bunch, but I don't know which ones to submit. I think I might just show them all and give the person the opportunity to choose some from among them all.

I need to find a new glass. Bought one last week, then broke it the other night when it got knocked off the counter.

Also need to step up the photo game.

It also says I have to add links for the beers. Which pretentious asshat site should I use? I don't know...

I guess I owe the admins (@Thorrak and @cegan09) from 2 and 3 an apology. Yikes! I've not submitted links. PM me a style you typically drink and your addresses so I can send a little thank you. I should learn how to read thoroughly.

Fellowship of the Drink - FotD IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Participation & Offer Status

Active Participants with Offers:
GaBrewZoo
PianoMan
Scturo
RevKev
mattv21
PaulR
tlucarelli
JayDog

Active Participants without Offers:
afro lou
imasickboy
cegan09
nickfern
jerbrew
Thorrak
TBC
JDXX1971
Bigfish713
Homercidal
k1ngl1ves
singybrue
jimyson
Relampago
SandstoneCityBrew
gromitdj
badgerfan79

Three days till offers are due. I'm starting to worry, it's awful quiet around here.

I picked up a bunch, but I don't know which ones to submit. I think I might just show them all and give the person the opportunity to choose some from among them all.

I'm struggling with the same at the moment. I've found that drinking them tends to help with the decision making process - though once you accidentally crush the full 4 pack it makes sending them a bit tougher!

Really though, all anyone wants is the can itself, right? I'm saving you the calories!

I guess I owe the admins (@Thorrak and @cegan09) from 2 and 3 an apology. Yikes! I've not submitted links. PM me a style you typically drink and your addresses so I can send a little thank you. I should learn how to read thoroughly.

Hah, no worries. Honestly running a round of FotD is a lot of fun. This is the scary point though - when you're sitting back and waiting for offer photos.

Speaking of, I should probably get mine in...

Oof! Slackin here... gotta find a good glass! Oh, if @TBC offers that Ardmore glass, its mine. ALL MINE. [emoji1]

No worries at all. I actually went and re-formatted everyone's to make them similar. everyone sends it over a little different. I enjoyed running it last round, and I'd happily do it again.

Picking first is kind of a letdown. Spend four hours agonizing over your pick order and then when the drawing gets here, tell em your first choice and that's it, you're done. And you think, wow, four hours, down the drain. My first choice was the easiest. But at least it gives you a chance to run the next round, and that IS worth it.:D

Picking first is kind of a letdown. Spend four hours agonizing over your pick order and then when the drawing gets here, tell em your first choice and that's it, you're done. And you think, wow, four hours, down the drain. My first choice was the easiest. But at least it gives you a chance to run the next round, and that IS worth it.:D

I would say first 3 and last 3 would be as equally of a letdown if you spent a lot of time on a list.

I would say first 3 and last 3 would be as equally of a letdown if you spent a lot of time on a list.

Come on, it was a joke. Any choice is good. I love doing this swap. Of course I want my first choice, but all the offers are good. I would be happy with last pick also. I was saying the letdown was the excitement and being done in five minutes.

Come on, it was a joke. Any choice is good. I love doing this swap. Of course I want my first choice, but all the offers are good. I would be happy with last pick also. I was saying the letdown was the excitement and being done in five minutes.

I get you. I was merely stating if one spends four hours on a list it's a waste of time. Honestly it seems no matter what people get for numbers everybody has been pretty happy with their selections thus far.

My offer is in! What a pain to add links for 12 beers. The mailer I have is for 12. Would've been a shame not to fill it. I bought a pint glass... suck it.

Side note: The mailer is from when Lou sent me beer. Blame him for how ugly it is. Works perfectly though, and all is safe. Whoever gets it will understand. I'm sure Lou is happy I'm sharing this info with everyone here. Lol!

I will have mine together tomorrow! Been under the weather and not wanting to do anything. But good beer picks me right up.

My offer is in! What a pain to add links for 12 beers. The mailer I have is for 12. Would've been a shame not to fill it. I bought a pint glass... suck it.

Side note: The mailer is from when Lou sent me beer. Blame him for how ugly it is. Works perfectly though, and all is safe. Whoever gets it will understand. I'm sure Lou is happy I'm sharing this info with everyone here. Lol!

Don't worry, everyone, I'm just gonna go ahead and claim this one now... [emoji16]

Pint glasses are almost a must when participating in several rounds of this trade. Most glasses take up another spot. Pints stack when you've reached maximum glassware storage space.

Pint glasses are almost a must when participating in several rounds of this trade. Most glasses take up another spot. Pints stack when you've reached maximum glassware storage space.

Yeah, for some reason my wife won't use the regular water glasses because "they don't hold enough water" but uses any pint glass that I have. Another one to the collection isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's the 12 beers that's throwing it off. I'm mean, shouldn't he make it into a bakers dozen? Pfft.

Latest posts

Back