Feed back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpume

Reaction score
Good day brewers just a quick feed back on my hybrid style I made last month,attached is the results .the beer taste smooth and smells good (even though I aerated to much ) [emoji4] , I really want to re-brew another batch but with low alcohol content ,so how do I determine the abv before I start brewing
IMG_20180919_185427.jpeg

ABV is a function of your specific gravity before and after fermentation. There are calculators on line that will tell you the ABV if you enter the OG and FG. You'll need a hydrometer to figure out what those numbers are.

ABV is a function of your specific gravity before and after fermentation. There are calculators on line that will tell you the ABV if you enter the OG and FG. You'll need a hydrometer to figure out what those numbers are.
I do have hydrometer.... My question is if I want to make a 5 % beer how do I know how much of malts or water must I use

How do you brew, Extract vs AG? Extract is easier since you byass the mash. AG depends on your efficiencies, which is dependent on everything.

Post your recipe and someone can help show you how to calculate.

I do have hydrometer.... My question is if I want to make a 5 % beer how do I know how much of malts or water must I use

Need to know extract or AG. Either way find a brewing software such as beer smith to help with calculations.

Back