Favorite Words

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
There are words that I like to say. I like the way they sound-- almost musical in nature. They roll off the tongue without effort. Here are a few of them:

- Bollocks
- Solipsistic
- Lysithea

OK, so bollocks isn't very musical, but it's fun to say. Solipsistic is just awesome, and if you've ever seen "The Tao of Steve", you should get a kick out of it too. Lysithea is a name I recently ran across and instantly loved saying it.

So, what words to you like to say?

Hopefully, this post doesn't make me sound like a lunatic. :cross: I'm really quite normal. Ish.

There's not one misspelled word in your entire post...how come this is in drucken rumblings? Or is it more a mindless mumbling?

Llama

salicylic acid

sophistry

euphemism

Ephemera

:mug:

Well, I've been drinikng since abuot 5:04 p.m., I guesss I'm holdign my aclohol particulerly well toonite.

Ecliptic.

I'm kind of partial to:

curmudgeon
troglodyte
supercilious
vernacular
glockenspiel
orifice
vociferous
obfuscate
plebeian

I could go on as I fancy myself a bit of a wordsmith, but I'll leave you with this final word. It not as much of a word as it is the last name of a well known scumbag. Actually, to call him a scumbag would be an insult to bags filled with scum, LOL!

buttafucco

I hate all words. Therefore I try to use as few of them as possible.
So, if you should ever hear me say "Ooh baby", what I really mean is,"Hey, you slut, put on some decent clothes and stop walking around like a f***ing tramp!

That reminds me of one of my favorite bumper stickers:

"Eschew obfuscation."

I too like that one. I had a teacher that would say that all the time, LOL! He actually went a step further with; "eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation", meaning "avoid ambiguity, adopt clarity".

It's funny because the use of that phrase in itself causes confusion, so it's a perfect example or irony.

14558655_240x240_Front.jpg

Well, bigkahuna said aloha.
I need to add Mahalo, and of course "ALOHA FRIDAY".
OK, its not poetic, but for some reason when you say it, you always have a big smile on your face.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal favs

Shenanigans
numbskullery
tomfollery
and last but not least
WAFFLE (I have no idea why but this word just cracks me up)

SD

Any word I can say when I'm smashed is fine by me.

From other posts though. "Troglodyte" Yeah, I like that! Never get a chance to use it though! Maybe I should start insulting some co-workers. :)

Haggis
Flughafen...........cracks me up
Babushka
Mesothelioma.....cool word, bad outcome
+ 1 on POOP
Gleep..........Navy guys will understand that one

Naughty - Especially when an English woman says it.

Flug - Yes, I know it means "fly," but when you say it enthusiastically while thrusting your hips, (Ich flug, Ich Flug!) it's just damned funny; especially if you've ever heard Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa.

Globule

Stryation

Helix

Infrared

And the most versatile word in the Emglish language (yet fully censored): F*#ck.

A coworker came up with this one as a favorite insult I use for idiot drivers on the road: d****ekabob.

Also:

Fuggles
Antidisestablishmentarianism
Zoroastrian
Thespian
F***ity-f***-f*** (said quickly in succession, usually after a particularly stupid mistake in the brewery or home project)
Dipsomaniac

I have a plethora of them in my mind but I'm obfuscated.

Back