Favorite Vanilla bean beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelersrbrun

Reaction score
I have about eight beans that were hand delivered from a friends trip to madagascar ... They smell fantastic. I don't want them to go to waste so I thought I would make 2-3 quick brews to use them up but I don't have a recipe in mind. Anyone have a favorite brew they would be willing to share that would incorporate these beans?

Search for the vanilla bourbon porter. Made that one in Nov for thanksgiving and OMG it was gone in one night.

I tried the "none more black vanilla stout" extract recipe from here. Everyone that tastes it loves it. I even had two people that "don't like dark beer" share one. They loved it.

I brewed up a Bourbon Vanilla Porter yesterday, and it is fermenting away right now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I do have to add that I used vanilla extract in mine since I had read that beans have an oily-ness to them that affects head retention. I'm not sure how much if at it affects it, but extract was also easier to come by. If I had the score you got I would use the beans for sure.

I do a vanilla porter that is always a big hit. I've actually got a batch I brewed a couple weeks ago that I'm moving onto the vanilla beans tomorrow.

I'm also going to do the December BYO - Creme Brûlée clone for SWMBO....she fiends for that stuff. I have enough "beans" for one other batch..... Hmmmm what to do😜

steelersrbrun said:
I'm also going to do the December BYO - Creme Brûlée clone for SWMBO....she fiends for that stuff. I have enough "beans" for one other batch..... Hmmmm what to do....

Back