Favorite Summer Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmlipps

Reaction score
What's your favorite summer beer? Both homebrew and purchased.

Mine would be this lemon lime hef I just made off this site

And Sam Adams porch rocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

For homebrew it can be anything. I change things up pretty frequently so I wouldn't say I have a beer that I always make in the summer. Variations of wheat beers are pretty common, as are hoppy beers. For commercial beer it's Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager. By the summertime it's usually long-past being sold out, so I try to hold on to them for as long as I can.

I do love Abita! Favorite Abita is purple haze. Favorite seasonal Satsuma.

For homebrew, either a wheat or other blonde. Light, refreshing, and carbonated.

Commercial it's Brooklyn Summer Ale and Newcastle Blonde. And, of course, PBR.

Something with light flavor and low alcohol.

New Glarus Dancing Man hefeweizen. Bell's Oberon is a close second.

I really like Belgians during the summer. Specifically Belgian wit and pale ales.

Sent from my iPhone

And of you haven't made a patersbier, I'd highly recommend it for the summer. Pilsner up to about 1.045, mashed at 149, light hops, and - here's the cool bit - fermented with Trappist yeast.

I did Northern Brewer's recipe kit with Wyeast 1214 and it was pretty spectacular for being such a simple recipe. Perfect summer sipper.

I'm a pretty big fan of berliner weisse in the summer. Wish there were more commercial examples. Golden Road makes an excellent one, but they don't can it.

Commercially, anything from a pale ale to a hefe. So far as home brew goes, this year it's my Dampfbier & my 1st saison. Also have an ESB & a red ale for BBQ's.

I do love Abita! Favorite Abita is purple haze. Favorite seasonal Satsuma.

I like the hurricanie one...don't remember the name of it now. Recontruction maybe?

My favorite summer beer is Shiner's Ruby Redbird, just freakin AWESOME! As for homebrewing a simple pale ale does just fine.

Back