Favorite regional food - and you're go-to beer with it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So there is a wide array of regional specialities that make traveling around the country so great. Think Triple-D for Food Network fans. So, what is your favorite - and your go to beer when enjoying it?

Having grown up around Cincinnati, I am a definite fan of Skyline. Definitely one of those foods you either love or hate and for me it's the former with any IPA or DIPA!

image-1207345464.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 92
Prince's hot chicken in Nashville Tennessee. I usually brown bag in a 24oz Busch can from the Pilot truck stop nearby

Well i have a bunch of favorite regional foods.

First from my hometown area, the Philly Cheesesteak. Best one I ever had is at Lorenzo's Pizza on 9th and Christian, such a great steak and pizza fries. Never had it with a beer but I would guess something light and dry, to keep it local say a Victory Prima Pils.

Next up where I live now, Rutgers is famous for their Fat Sandwiches, which are basically the fattest thing on earth. Most famous is the Fat Darrell

l.jpg

Given the many many components, I think a belgian but kind of light to counter this heavyy sandwich and staying kinda local go with Kane's Single Fin

Last is the Trenton Tomato pie, those who don't know it, are clearly missing out.

De Lorenzo's Tomato Pie is a thin crust pizza with just the right flavoring

201009089-De-Lorenzo-Tomato-Pie.jpg

I enjoy it with a pale ale or an IPA. To keep it local, i'd go with River Horse's Hop Hazard.

Back