Favorite fall beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sertainment

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking to make my own fall beer here in the next week or so, and I am debating on what exactly to make so I can draw up a recipe for it. My original thought was a pumpkin porter just in time for Halloween season to get everyone in the fall mood, but I was curious what everyone's favorite fall seasonal beer is? Recipe ideas encouraged. Thanks everyone!

I like American Strong Ales. I also like Dogfish and souther tier pumpkin beers and maybe a nice DIPA.

I have a coffee porter going now (7.5%) that I'll save for Novemeber

I usually make a harvest IPA of some sort, using my homegrown Cent and Cascade. Plus anything stout hits the spot for me as it gets colder.

I've always a good coffee porter or stout in the fall. Or if you can pull off a lager like Oktoberfest, that's another option

Firstly, BFM, secondly, I agree with the DIPA. I am finishing the last bottles of a black DIPA I made a while back, still my favorite beer I've made so far. Now, I've never made a stout or porter before, so I'm debating on how to make one as well. I have a homemade all grain setup, only problem is the spigot is a little loose so it leaks when I try to open it, other than that it works fine. I can't seem to tighten it anymore without breaking the cooler, so I live with it. I'm thinking all grain porter, with real pumpkin addition, including all the delicious spices as well if course. And I'll probably work on a recipe after work today an post it in here for you guys to see. Now, do you have grain bill suggestions for a B.A porter? Again, it's my first one and I won't be able to start doing some research on it for another 10 hours or so because of work. I do love me some IPA's, which is why I have yet to make a porter...

i don't drink any beer based on the season. i will gladly drink IPA's all summer long or have a light beer in the winter, even a stout during the dead of summer.

I'm a fan of spiced ales and stouts or porters as the weather cools.

I just made an English bitter. You drink it at a cooler temperature but not ice cold so it's kinder when the weather starts to turn.

Back