Favorite Christmas Movie / Special???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
For those of you that actually LIKE the holiday season, what's you favorite movie and / or Christmas Special?

My favorite Christmas Movie is "A Christmas Story". It's just a classic. As far as specials go, I like "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

Over the past few years, I have grown to really appreciate Bad Santa. My wife's a big Gilmore Girls fan; Rory's mom being "Edmund Fitzgerald'ed" makes it all the better... :D

Nightmare Before Christmas by far.....followed by Nat. Lampoons Christmas Vacation. A Christmas Story will always have a place in my house, but only once a year (not that cable plays it non stop for about a week straight right before Christmas or anything....)

I've come to like Bad Santa as well. Christmas Story is very good too. I love when the mall Santa boots the kid down the slide.

Almost forgot Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special.

For those that haven't seen the Star Wars Christmas Special, it's worth seeing. It's soooo bad, it's funny. It's available on youtube in pieces. Here is the first chunk...

[YOUTUBE]W344tHoOr-k[/YOUTUBE]

rdwj said:
For those that haven't seen the Star Wars Christmas Special, it's worth seeing. It's soooo bad, it's funny. It's available on youtube in pieces. Here is the first chunk...

Wow that is bad. Really moving dialogue though :p

I wanna look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fatass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, slimy-lipped, work-headed sack of money **** he is. Hallelujah! Hoooooooooolllllllly ****! Where's the Tylenol?

I had no idea that Wookies had such nice condos available to them.

250px-Music_album_record_a_charlie_brown_christmas.jpg

Favorite!
Best soundtrack ever!

1. Nightmare before Christmas
2. A Christmas Story
3. Elf (I know, but it really is funny)
4. The second "Santa Clause" movie with Tim Taylor. My principal was never that HOT! And I like the tooth fairy in it, pretty hilarious stuff.

I see several votes for Bad Santa. I went into that wanting to like it, but I ended up hating it. Perhaps it's one of those movies you need to see more than once.

rdwj said:
I see several votes for Bad Santa. I went into that wanting to like it, but I ended up hating it. Perhaps it's one of those movies you need to see more than once.

Dude, the cops shoot Santa in the back while 2 kids look on; what's not to love?

Seriously, other than that scene I was not a fan of Bad Santa either.

C'mon, this is awesome!

[youtube]A4zPJAFbRpU[/youtube]

Look at how that midget topples over and tell me that's not comedic genius!

(the movie's not really THAT dumb, overall... it's what I would consider a "smart-stupid" comedy).

Glad somebody mentioned the Mad TV thing and "Santa Conquers The Martians" - Pia Zadora was never that good again until she did "Butterfly"! Bad Santa was one I was just sorta "meh" on after I saw it. I expected more laughs, I guess.

My fav movies:
It's A Wonderful Life (#1, hands down with me)
A Christmas Story
Holiday Affair (with Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh's torpedo bras)
Christmas in Connecticut (the Barbara Stanwyck version)

TV:
Charlie Brown
Rudolph
Olive, The Other Reindeer

Fav. song:
""

Last edited by a moderator:
Back