Favorite Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite bottle?

• sam adams

• orval/chimay/westmalle or other Belgian

• bass/fullers/Young or other English

• anchor

• painted on types (stone, arrogant B; etc.)

• weirstiener (sp?) (the German 0.5L)

• grolsch (or similar flip-tops)

• hobgoblin

• any bottle thats brown

• other (sparkling lemonade bottles, R Nader;etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this just the bottling aspect? Or does it include the cleaning aspect? By far, Stiegl bottles are the easiest to clean.. The labels slip of like panties on prom night...

In order of preference:

Corny kegs

Brown 16 oz flip-tops
Green 16 oz flip-tops (Grolsch)

Brown 12 oz micros (plain, no embossed/etched logos - Paulaner Hefe works great, and the labels practically fall off in hot water)
Sam Adams/New Belgium 12 oz

Brown 22 oz micros (most are painted...I don't bother trying to strip the logos)

I tend not to take the flip-tops outside the house for fear of losing them, so I usually bottle beer for social events and gifts in 12 oz pry-offs.

Fischer 22oz flip tops are awesome... Grolsch ones are nice as well.... and sam adams makes perfect cappers

Favorite 12oz bottles are Red Hook, because the labels come off so easy. Also A draw-back, because they would require a custom sized home-made label

The Deschutes Brewing Co. bottles are by far the best, but not very common.

sirsloop said:
Fischer 22oz flip tops are awesome... Grolsch ones are nice as well.

I'm in favor of the Grolsch 1.5L bottles too. 12 for a 5 gallon batch. Make great growlers too.

Wild

Guiness bottles are pretty cool also, the labels come of with a zip of the scissors and the widget comes out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Not to mention they also have a cool unmistakeable shape.

woosterhoot said:
I love the shape of red stripe, but you cant get the logo off.

That would fall under 'painted label' type. You dodnt need to remove the labels. I like them too, but cant get myself to buy redstripe.

Can you cap Hobgoblin 12oz bottles? I tried to bottle a 16oz and couldn't because of the top.

Redhook bottles rock. Flying Dog labels are a pain to remove so I just throw those away. :D

Back