Favorite Beer Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
I'm just curious, does everyone have a favorite beer glass they drink out of? What is it and what is the story behind it?

I have two. My #1 is a mason jar glass I stole from a bar in Bloomington IN ( I went to school at IU) called Nicks. Beer just tastes better our of this glass and I dont know why. My other is a Carlsberg pint glass I stole (see a pattern here?) while I studied in Dublin.

The one I use most frequently is a wide-mouthed Pilsner glass from Target. I also have a few Belgian glasses from Chimay, St. Bernardus and New Belgium, of which I prefer the Chimay. If nothing else is clean, I'll go with a standard mixing glass.

P1000614.jpg

I use the nonics and the Rogue goblets the most.

I have a stamped Bass imperial pint glass.

It's nice and heavy, and its straight sides get the beer into me quickly :cross:

Completes the package of my affinity for British ales.

I have an assortment of glasses but I use this one the most. I bought it at World Market cheap and I think it was labeled a water goblet. lol

dfh120a.jpg

And the bar, I need more glass storage.
oldhouse23.jpg

I've got a number of glasses, but I'm a sucker for the smooth sided pint glass...
PINT-GLASS.gif

But I do enjoy a nice chilled ceramic stein as well.

2ij6mo4.jpg

_____Goblet_______HB 1L Stein________Nerd Glass_______
|----------|----------------------|----------------------------|----------------|
___Strong Ales___Most Everything___Pilsners and Wheats___

I would love to get a clear goblet with a similar shape, but its on the low end of the necessity list right now.

Well I think if its made out of glass and is clean, then it is good enough, but I used to use a nice mug but it always seemed to be dirty lol so I got used to standard beer glasses and lately mostly the Sam Adam's Boston Lager glasses

TCJosh I am drinking out one of those Sam Adams B-Lag glasses right now and it is a nice glass. It's narrower base lets you get a good secure grip (even for my large hands) and the flared(sp?) lip is nice.

Gotta love the Pilsner glasses I got for my birthday a while back. That, and my pint glass that lives at dads.

I have been through many favorite glasses:

Anchor 20 oz smooth wall heavy glass
Sam Adams Tasters
Large Beer mug

My new favorite:
20 oz Turvis Tumbler from Bed Bath and Beyond

I like to drink out of the right glass for the style. Sometimes I do, sometimes I just fill a regular pint. Ask my SWMBO and kids, I'm pretty anal and protective of my glasses.

The Sam Adams glass is definately the best "all around" beer glass I have. I works as advertised in really presenting beers well. I use them to serve most beer styles with the exception of most Belgian beers. They typically get served in one of the Trappist goblets.

Just so you know, 40 man points will be awarded for drinking gravy out of a pint glass.
Does that come with a complementary heart attack and by-pass surgery? Ya'll can keep your Thanksgiving Turkey, us German/Irish prefer ham. MMMMMM pig.

Can't believe this hasn't been said already, but my favorite beer glass is a FULL ONE:mug:

But this my glass of choice:

img005.jpg

I like the curves and the ability to write my beer type on the glass for pic reference.

Every time I go to A&W I steal one of their glass mugs. The regular sized ones are perfect for about 400 ml.

You can't beat free.

These 1/2 L glasses are my favorite. On the back there is a 0.5 L line that's a good 2" below the rim indicating the perfect pour. The logo is a little different on mine...they are at least 12 years old.
IMAG009.jpg

Damn...they're just one letter off of my last name too.

At work right now I'll have to post pics later but my favorite glass is a Labatt Blue, Blue Pint Glass with crossed hockey sticks, guess i'm just a sucker for the game.

I drink out of an English pint glass, simply because that's what I'm used to......It seems that Budweiser will be taking credit for designing it for their American Ale if they get their way. ;)

Mine is Father's Day promotional glass I got at Flying Saucer. It has a picture of Darth Vader and it says have a pint with your old man. It is my favorite because I got it on my first Father's Day as a Father, and also I am a huge Star Wars geek.

I really like my Unibroue La Fin Du Monde glass and Dupont Willybecker, but I use what is appropiate for the style most frequently. A nonic is a good all purpose glass.

Back