Favorite Beach Brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
This coming summer is going to be my first summer with the knowledge of home brewing and I wanted get some opinions on what kind of beers Home brewers typically make for those beautiful sunny days ahead. So my question to all is ... While you sit outstretched with toes shoved in the sand and eyes casted off into the Ocean Blue What type of Brew will be joining you?

So a Hefeweizen is one you can enjoy on the as hot day? I am Brewing one now. If it turns out i might go ahead and make another one for just the purpose to take to the Beach!

Most people will say something light in body but I really enjoy a nice IPA at the beach. My own IPA would be nice but i don't like hauling beer to the beach. I usually buy a few sixers of Dogfish 60 and Anchor Steam's Liberty Ale.

Regards,
Alan

So a Hefeweizen is one you can enjoy on the as hot day? I am Brewing one now. If it turns out i might go ahead and make another one for just the purpose to take to the Beach!

I live at the lake and I will make a lot of hefe this summer as the turn around is short and we entertain a lot. It's also a style that seems to appeal to a lot of folks. I also enjoy some hops in the summer while I watch mine grow so I'll have an IPA around for sure. Be careful though because my homebrewed IPAs seemed to skunk (light-struck) in the glass if I was drinking them in the sun and was lazy and sipping. The peach ale I did last summer seemed particularly well suited for the deck as well.

Latest posts

Back