Faucet to Shank Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czwalga

Reaction score
I have two intertaps that I've had for about 2 years. They've worked fine for a while, but recently one of them will not seal when connecting it to the fridge shank. The other tap when you're tightening it feels like you can feel the o-ring compressing. The one that's leaking feels like there's nothing to compress.

I know the obvious answer is that it's the o-ring, but i've taken it out it looks almost brand new. There's no sentiment or any build up, everything looks clean.

Did you compare the o-rings of the 2 taps? The one that's leaking maybe out of spec (too small?).
Make sure it's seated correctly.

I haven't swapped them I can try.

When you say rebuilt what do you mean? I take them apart and clean, them but I dont replace the parts inside.

Last edited:
when you take the faucets off, also measure the length of the splines on the faucet and on the shank with calipers if you have them. If there is a difference, it is possible that the metal is not fully engaging with the o-ring at all.

Back