Faucet Shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azharen

Reaction score
Is there a cheap and reliable way to fabricate a shank. I'm thing of trying to get a Jockey Box setup before Super bowl. I'm ordering a CO2 kit tomorrow. So I'll have almost every thing I need including my existing hardware to make a 2 tap Jockey Box. I just have to pick up some manifold equipment from Harbor Freight and I would need the shanks. It looks like most of the parts for a shank can be bought at a good HW Store. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I honestly have never seen anything like a homebrew faucet shank at a hardware store. Do you have any homebrew suppliers in your area that would carry them?

What about faucets, do you have those?

I have two. But they are REALLY pricey. I hate paying top dollar when I don't HAVE to. I'll give them call at lunch time and see if they have the shank for sale by itself.

Shanks are specially machined to take the splines of the faucet and there is a collar to thread it into place and secure it. I doubt anything off the shelf will fit.
You can buy new shanks for $12 each at kegconnection. I think rapidswholesale has cheap shanks, too.

Back