Faucet question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NPaulson

Reaction score
Is there a predetermined distance faucets should be apart from each other? I'm building a kegerator and will be installing my taps soon. I was going to go with maybe 1" between the flange each tap. Thoughts? Opinions?

Out of the coffin. It's a GE 7.0 cf freezer. Basing it off of design's I've seen around here. The tap house will be all wood, and quite a bit smaller than Jester's for example.

Think about the tap handles you will want to use. If they are the big wider ones, you might want to add a bit to the faucet skew. I have an 8 tapper and not all tap handles will go well on it.

To give you some idea of how it looks, here’s mine. Face plate is 16” wide and faucets are 4” on center. I've got 20 different tap handles and they all fit fine.

S3.JPG

To give you some idea of how it looks, here’s mine. Face plate is 16” wide and faucets are 4” on center. I've got 20 different tap handles and they all fit fine.

Awesome bar Kieth, made me want to go pull a pint myself. I'm thinking 4" on center is the way to go, 1" between the ferrels would be much less.

NP,

Check out my thread on my build. I did a coffin. The only thing i had to revise is the top of the coffin. I had to make the over hang a lot less, due to the hanles bumping it. If you are around the 7.0 i would assume you will have 3 kegs and 3 taps. I would build your coffin. Put the middle one directly in the middle and evenly space the other 2. Also, take your favorite (or tallest) pitcher and make sure you have enough room to get that big boy under the spigget of your taps - good luck buddy.

Latest posts

Back