faucet height above drip tray?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around 10" seems to be normal, but it really depends upon how big of glasses you want to fit under the tap. I you plan to fill growlers a lot, I'd go higher...

my drip try is on the floor of my basement cause i haven't figured out a good way to mount it.

i would say, get your tallest glass, and make sure it fits.

Whatever the height of a pitcher, plus about 2" is how I judged mine. Basically an eyeball measurement.

+1 for using your biggest glass for measurement. Mines mounted on L brackets that are held in place w/ epoxy and the tray attaches to the brackets w/ velco... easy removal for cleaning, easy removal for growler and pitcher filling.

my drip try is on the floor of my basement cause i haven't figured out a good way to mount it.

i would say, get your tallest glass, and make sure it fits.

Mine is currently a towel on the floor. However, I am collecting the pieces and I plan to just go my biggest glass plus a couple inches.

i'm not motivated to mount it. i don't get any splashing on the keezer, and i don't want my drunk friends resting their glasses on it while screwing around

Haha. The day I christened my keezer I had a party with 2 kegs on tap. One of my friends walked in the door, admired the set up and proceeded to lean back against one of the tap handles, thereby unscrewing it from the shank enough to start a mini beer geyser. Gotta love the drunken friends.

I have a outdoor floor/door mat, looks a little more purposeful than the towel, but serves the same purpose.

Back