Faucet Handles Loose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm working on my kegerator now, and it's in the final stages. Finally :)

Anyways, I noticed that the handles on my Ventmatic forward sealing faucets have quite a bit of play in them. You can wiggle them side to side a decent amount. Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't seem like I can tighten them anymore, because the assembly that it screws into spins too. It just seems like such a shame to buy such expensive faucets and have that feel.

Thanks!

Still hoping to get some help here. May be an obvious answer, but I'm not seeing it.

I believe that that is what they call a feature. I believe that it is designed so that you can turn the tap handle sideways to indicate that the tap is dead. They sell some sort of hardware to allieviate this behavior.

I believe that it is designed so that you can turn the tap handle sideways to indicate that the tap is dead.

Turn sideways? I don't think I have that much movement. Would be a cool feature though.

Thanks for the link on the hardware!

Khirsah17 said:
Turn sideways? I don't think I have that much movement. Would be a cool feature though.
Mine spin 360°, which is convenient for me as I have double-sided tap handles. Swap a keg, and just turn the handle around 180° to display the correct label.

Oh, I think I misunderstood about the turning the tap handles sideways. Makes sense now. I just have the cheapo black handles right now, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Back