Father's Day gifts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatfour64

Reaction score
My wife and kids got me my first keg and pin locks for Father's Day!:ban:

Now all I need is the keg fridge, CO2 tank and reg, beer and gas lines, and taps. :drunk:

Did anyone else get good brewing gear this weekend?

We didn't git sh-beep! Ran outta smokes & $,they couldn't even chip in for a pack of cigs. I like to smoke when I drink.

my kids got me fishing gear and my wife is buying me some Hop Rhizomes so i can start growing my own.

I "got" to drive home from visiting her folks in Williamsburg.

I keed I keed! It was a good trip. Didn't get anything, though.

not s*#t had to buy my own beer as i am saving what homebrew i have left for fourth of july oh well it was my first mabye it will get better

I got a $150 bucks to spend on whatever brewing stuff I want. I ordered one more ball lock keg, and will be ordering the grains for my first all-grain.

On of these and some shirts :D
Nerf%2BSuper%2BSoaker%2BHydro%2BCannon%2B-%2B06.JPG

IMG00048-20110620-1719.jpg

Maui Jim's and a new mug.
Mug says: "Dads to do list: Fill. Drink. Repeat" which I did after work tonight. :)

On Father's Day I got an English mild kit and brew day (though not as uninterupted as I would have liked).
Love the mug, that is going on my Christmas list.

My daughters both called and asked what I wanted for father's day. I told them to come early and be hungry. One daughter brought a big cheesecake and the other brought a big double carton of strawberries.

I got up early and put a Boston butt on the grill about 5:30 a.m and then left to go fishing. We caught a bunch of spotted bass. I left the lake around noon. When I got home I put more charcoal in the smoker and took a nap. My ex dropped off my young son around 4:30 and my daughters showed up around 5:00 O'Clock.

We ate and my girls stayed till about ten before they drove back to their respective college towns. It was a pretty great day.

I got presence, not presents.

I got my first brew kit from Midwest. My wife also got me an Irish Red kit, which I brewed this weekend. Guess I will see how it turns out in a few weeks!

image-2115473107.jpg

My dad got me a '78 Triumph bonnie for christmas. It had a rocker box oil cooler that I took off. I polished it up and gave it to him for fathers day to put on his '79 Triumph cafe racer. My bike is still on the lift while I rebuild the wheels and carbs. His bike looks like this:
IMG_6270.jpg

My wife noticed my growing interest and got me a MR. Beer. The booster back tore open during shipping and coated everything in corn syrup solids. The sanitizer was missing.

She was so sad.

No problem though. I plan to buy some DME and use it to replace the booster. It'll be better anyway.

My wife and kids got me my first keg and pin locks for Father's Day!:ban:

Now all I need is the keg fridge, CO2 tank and reg, beer and gas lines, and taps. :drunk:

Did anyone else get good brewing gear this weekend?

Sadly my kids are too young to have their own money and i have no wife(that is a good thing tho the one i had really needed to go!lol) So no FD stuff at all for me...:(

My daughters both called and asked what I wanted for father's day. I told them to come early and be hungry. One daughter brought a big cheesecake and the other brought a big double carton of strawberries.

I got up early and put a Boston butt on the grill about 5:30 a.m and then left to go fishing. We caught a bunch of spotted bass. I left the lake around noon. When I got home I put more charcoal in the smoker and took a nap. My ex dropped off my young son around 4:30 and my daughters showed up around 5:00 O'Clock.

We ate and my girls stayed till about ten before they drove back to their respective college towns. It was a pretty great day.

I got presence, not presents.

Cant beat that, i was lucky enough to have my son here with me, but it would be stupid to expect a gift from a 10 yr old lol

The kids got me a new belt, and some grains (that I picked) and the wife got me a 6 pack of Rickard Red, one of my favorites.

I got a new 12" false bottom. I love my LHBS. SWMBO went in on Saturday afternoon with a rough description of what she wanted to get and they hooked her up. She knew I was bitching about my braid collapsing again and heard me mumble about getting a false bottom between swearing at my MLT.

I got a new 12" false bottom. I love my LHBS. SWMBO went in on Saturday afternoon with a rough description of what she wanted to get and they hooked her up. She knew I was bitching about my braid collapsing again and heard me mumble about getting a false bottom between swearing at my MLT.

That is awesome. My wife did the same at my LHBS. The counter guy, Rich, knows just how to deal with the not quite sure shopper and knew right away what to hook her up with. He was even nice enough to offer my kids (ages 3 and 5) a granola bar when they were breaking down in the store. Gotta love the kids in a brew store man!

My wife (and kids who are young) got me a couple of tap handles. She got me a St. Louis Cardinals one and a Koehler Brewery one. I live in Erie, PA and they were a brewery that is no longer around. We are both history dorks!

I'm not much for getting stuff on holidays. I'm the sole worker in the house, so I'd rather get myself something that I want then have my wife and kids buy me stuff that I don't need/want. So, I generally tell them not to get me anything, and we just spend time together or have a nice dinner or something. This year, we went shopping and bought the kids new bikes for summer, then came home and had some steak and potatoes and a nice Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti from Great Divide Brewing. I highly recommend getting one of those Yeti's, it was a fantastic beer!

Nothing. Just a chance to do a few things around the yard, and smoke some ribs and make a chocolate stout cake for dinner. I think I played some Duke Nukem Forever.

I was planning on brewing, but decided not to at the last minute since I wasn't prepared. Now I have to finish replacing a wall in my mom's house before I have a chance to brew again. Or at least put the drywall up. Then they can wait a day or two to mud and paint while I brew a batch.

I am pretty good at getting myself what I want to use for brewing, usually.

Back