FastFerment Conical Fermenter Lid Gasket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshankstar

BIAB Homebrewer & Coffee Roaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Fastferment conical fermenter that I love and just did my third brew with it on Saturday. I went to put the lid on it but then realized I needed pitch the yeast. So I started to unscrew the lid (I had only had it in half way) and the gasket fell into the wort. Luckily I had my brew spoon sitting in a tub of SanStar so I could carefully fish the gasket out.

So my question is. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how do you keep this gasket from slipping into the fermenter? I will send Northern Brewer an email tonight (purchased from them) but figured I would check here with others who have used the same fermenter. I was thinking of super gluing it to the lid (just in 3-4 spots). Or using double sided tape. I always soak the lid in SanStar before I place it on the fermenter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! Thank you all and enjoy your Labor Day holiday today!!!

the gasket was the first thing I changed on mine. Bought a silicon mat at dollar store and cut new gasket just a smidgen larger than the original. Stays in place perfectly

Back