Fast Keg Carbonation Method.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Reaction score
So all of my kegs are going to be in use for a big wedding I am providing my homebrew and then literally 6 days after the wedding I have another big thanksgiving event where i will need to have new kegs ready. I will by aging the beers int he fermenter for at least 3 - 4 weeks, but then will only have 5 days realistically to have them in kegs and be carbed. I have been reading a lot of the method where you set at 30PSI for 3 days in the fridge and then bring down to serving PSI. I just wanted to know how effective this method is and if you guys have any other suggestions of doing this?

I do 30psi for 24-36 hours, then 12psi (serving pressure) for a couple days and its good to go.

I do 30psi for 24-36 hours, then 12psi (serving pressure) for a couple days and its good to go.

Do you have to keep it cool when you drop down to serving pressure? my concern is I have 6 kegs to carb and can only fit 4 at once in the fridge.

Yes. I always chill the keg for a day before hooking up the gas. Some people use a method of hitting it with 35psi then shaking for 30 min, I've never tried it though.

Back