Fast Ferment Conical Batch Priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppah

Reaction score
So a buddy of mine sold me his fast ferment conical fermenter and it is great. However, thinking ahead to priming my batch for bottling I'm wondering how to go about doing this?
My choices are as follows I think:

1) Add my cooled, priming sugar dissolved in water to the trub trap after removing and cleaning and gently stirring to distribute sugar.
2) Dump sugar as gently as possible into top of fermenter and gently stir.
3) Transfer into my bottling bucket on top of the cooled dissolved priming sugar.

What do you guys think is the best option? I like the idea of the trub trap but will the sugar properly distribute to give evenly carbonated bottles?

Thanks in advance...I love this site!!!
received_819703688871258.jpeg

I'd say #3. I have the ff . Even though you dump yeast /trub there will still be some left inside that you don't want in the bottles. I'm not sure the solution will mix well enough by # 1 and #2 your going to kick up trub .

I dont use this fermenter as much anymore but @VTX1300 hooked me up with a spigot for it and its been way easier to transfer .

#3, no contest. Beer should be fermented and sediment allowed to form in the fermenter. Then you should transfer only the clearest beer out for packaging. Trying to mix priming solution directly into any fermenter is a bad idea, given other available options.

Awesome, that is kinda the conclusion I came to after more research and this sealed it. Bottling bucket it is! It is also a juicy IPA so a bit of happiness isnt an issue...

Back