Farming and Culturing my own yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
I want to starting Farming and Culturing my own yeast. It would be nice to buy a specific type of Yeast just once and never have to buy it again. I have done a bit of reading on the subject and would love to know if anyone has a comprehensive list of the equipment needed to get started. It seems as if everyone does it a bit differently.

Thanks for the information but I have read both threads before. What I was hoping to find is a set list of equipment and sources. Both threads do it a little differently and being new to this was looking for one thread with it all. I guess my expectations were not realistic. Both threads talk heavily about making your own Agar dishes and slants but I have decided to buy them as they are cheap enough and don't have to worry about contamination. Anyway it was good to reread both threads as a refresher. Does anyone have a good source for premade Brewers Malt Agar Slants?

OK, since I am buying premade Agar Slants this is what I think I need:

Premade Agar Slants
Sterile Disposible Innoculation Loops
1000 mL Erlenmeyer Flask
Rubber Stopper with Airlock for Flask
Test Tube Rack
DME
Magnetic Stirrer with Stir Bar
Aerosol can of Oxygen
Parafilm M Culture Sealing Tape

If anyone can think of anything else please add to the list.

Back