Farkin' Chicago Bears - They Suck!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ****ing prayer, dude! None!

Sanchez is gone in the top 12, especially with Denver looking to upgrade the QB spot (sorry, Orton's not the long-term answer!). Pisser for the J-E-T-S, who were looking at Sanchez MAYBE dropping to them. I wouldn't be shocked if Seatle at least considers a QB at #4, then with San Fran at #10, Denver at #12, the J-E-T-S at #17, and Tampa Bay at #19.... they can't ALL draft QBs, but I guarantee that Stafford, Sanchez, and probably Josh Freeman will be gone by #20.

The Bears should try to lure Torry Holt in. I don't know what there cap room is but he still has a lot left in the tank.

Agree completely - but will the Lions have the cajones to take Sanchez #1? I don't think so, especially with several franchise-caliber players available at the tackle and linebacker spot. I really don't think I would take Stafford in that spot; I'd be going for Monroe or Curry.

With Cutler coming into the division, defense is now top priority for the Lions. No QB, no OT. Those things can wait until the 3rd round when they have 2 picks.

Before yesterday, I would have been ok with Smith, Monroe or Stafford but preferred Curry.

Now, I'll be ticked if it's not Curry - promptly followed by defensive selections at #20 and #33.

No ****ing prayer, dude! None!

Sanchez is gone in the top 12, especially with Denver looking to upgrade the QB spot (sorry, Orton's not the long-term answer!). Pisser for the J-E-T-S, who were looking at Sanchez MAYBE dropping to them. I wouldn't be shocked if Seatle at least considers a QB at #4, then with San Fran at #10, Denver at #12, the J-E-T-S at #17, and Tampa Bay at #19.... they can't ALL draft QBs, but I guarantee that Stafford, Sanchez, and probably Josh Freeman will be gone by #20.

Agreed. There is a 0% chance that Mark Sanchez is on the board at #20. I think he's off the board before the Broncos pick at #12.

If you were to watch tape of both players you will see that Cutler is better at every point of being a QB than Orton..

Except for leadership and work ethic, which are more important at QB than any other position. The general attitude from people I've talked to here in Denver is "So long, Cutler. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

He may be a skilled QB with a rocket arm, but unless he does some growin' up real fast, he's going to poison the Bears' locker room.

If you listen to some people around here (Chicago), you'd think Cutler is the second coming. I'm not so sure; I'm still on the fence with this guy. I liked Orton, but agree with the Trent Dilfer analogy. Unfortunately, Olson and Hester and are all he has to toss to.

I just had lunch with the late Cheesefood at The Ram and he had a good point: for any other team, this was a very costly trade. Two #1 picks? But seeing how Jerry Angelo has a history of making such bad #1 picks that don't pan out, this might actually be cost effective. #1 QB picks: Cade McNown, Rex Grossman. Non QB picks: Cedric Benson, Tommie Harris, Michael Haynes, Marc Colombo...

Even with The Messiah at QB, I wouldn't look for them in the SB this season.

In a perfect world We'll get Curry at #1 and Sanchez at #20

You mean dream land :D

Too many teams above that would like to upgrade their QB. Whats the #4 QB in the draft? White?

I think the Lions need to build the team and look to next year for a QB. Unless you want one of the Browns QBs. I heard they are shopping.;)

Craig

I wish the Lions would have gotten him.

Orton sucks btw.

I thought the same thing when this all started but without an offensive line he'd be another sitting duck. They need to get the other pieces in place before they get the QB. Besides, Chicago gave up WAY too much for Cutler.

See, what this shows is that Chicago should have gotten on the horn with New England and offered #18 for Cassell. Would that make you (ungrateful) Chicagoans feel any better?

See, what this shows is that Chicago should have gotten on the horn with New England and offered #18 for Cassell. Would that make you (ungrateful) Chicagoans feel any better?

I don't know of too many people here that ARE ungrateful. In fact, MOST of us are happy that Angelo has two less first round pick to screw up with !

I don't know of too many people here that ARE ungrateful. In fact, MOST of us are happy that Angelo has two less first round pick to screw up with !

I second that. The texts from Chicago I got as this went down was crazy. I do not know one Bears fan that isn't extremely excited about Cutler. Angelo may have overpaid a little bit but now I won't have to painfully watch another 1st round bust for a couple of years.

Back