False Bottoms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
So I've had it with my false bottom in my keggle. This weekend when on my second batch of Imperial Stout the grain did overrunith my pump. I couldn't get my recirculating loop to keep running and as a result lost temperature. I am currently using a small false bottom that is only about 6" diameter. I want to get a better one that covers the bottom of the keggle and fits tightly to the sides to prevent this moving forward. Any suggestions? My valve is currently drilled just above the lower weld line. I'd still like to use a siphon tube to get all the way to the bottom of the tun. I've looked at the Sabco and it looks nice and has good reviews any contradictory advice or other brands I should look into?

More than a couple vendors here could hook you up. The first two that pop into my head are @Bobby_M at Brewhardware.com, and @Jaybird at norcalbrewingsolutions.com. I've bought from Bobby, and can vouch for him, and I hear nothing but good things about Jaybird.

MoreBeer sells a couple stock false bottoms that supposedly work in keggles (I do not own a keggle). Their 12" one is supposed to work in Sanke units. This is also what I use in my 10g round cooler mash tun with positive results.

They also have a hinged one that is more expensive and 13", but is designed for a keggle that is using a bottom drain.

Back