False bottom type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopagloo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Northern Brewer one, tho I can hardly be considered an expert, as I have used it once! But, it seemed to work well. Also, rather than buy it, I found the coolers on clearance for $17 each, so I just bought the parts off the site, and assembled them myself. Saved a bit of money that way.

I have had the N Brewer type for going on 5 years. I think it's what they call their 12" false bottom.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewi...ipment/false-bottoms/12-s-s-false-bottom.html

All I can say is that I have done over 60 mashes with this dude and it simply does it's thing. I'm sure you could shave some dollars here or there, but WHY?

Yeah, kinda pricy, but set it and forget it. Money you will not regret spending. You will have 15+ dollars invested in a toilet supply line and all the fixtures which work "ok", man up and get this deal right off the bat. I promise, you will not regret spending the $ on this thing.

Latest posts

Back